Healthcare - Quality Positions - CA
San Diego CA 92108
Job DescriptionCurrently recruiting for various positions in our Quality Department!!
Serves as a member of the quality team at the national, regional or unit level. Coordinates projects resulting in continuous quality improvement and process improvement. Supports the maintenance of a strong quality program, measured processes including HEDIS (where applicable) and reported outcomes.
- Serves as QI specialist for the quality program with the goal to meet customer requirements
and performance guarantees. Duties include coordinating Quality/ Accreditation/Delegated
initiatives and project plans, monitoring and execution to meet timely deliverables.
- Provides direct interventions with members and providers to address gaps in care.
- Develops, in collaboration with the customer and communication department, informational
and training materials for providers and members.
- Coordinates with any vendors outreach and interventions.
- Prepares status reports on activities and outcomes of interventions and activities.
- Consults and trains staff on measurement specifications.
- Provide assistance as needed in data maximization efforts through coordination with the
company's Central HEDIS team.
- Coordinates CQI (continuous quality improvement) processes and studies related to
- Provides interface with customers, National Quality/Clinical and CCOE staff for HEDIS
planning, reporting and program enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years healthcare and quality experience.
- Quality techniques and tools, statistics, analytics, research
- Managed care/health plan experience.
- Writing skills -Qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Project Management experience, Process Improvement, development of corrective action
plans and tracking.
- Demonstrated ability to execute; ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, and other statistical software experience.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE for Manager level position:
- Master's degree, 5 years healthcare and quality experience
- Leadership and management/supervisory experience.
General Job Information
TitleHealthcare - Quality Positions - CA
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/4/2019
Date Requisition Created4/4/2019
EducationBachelors: Healthcare (Required), Masters: Healthcare (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredLSSBB - Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification - Enterprise, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
-Expertise in data management, data analysis, reporting word processing, and project management skills.
-Knowledge of HEDIS/meaurement specifications, accreditation standards and quality improvement processes. -Attention to detail and able to work efficiently to meet deadlines and timelines. -High degree of organization required. -Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to enter data accurately into spread sheets and prepare professional looking documents and reports.3-5 years quality improvement/HEDIS related experience
-Licensed behavioral health clinician
-MA in health care or related field.
-Experience in Lean Six Sigma.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you