Senior Data and Integration Engineer
Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 500
Job DescriptionLooking for a skilled Data and Integration Engineer with 5+ years of hands-on experience supporting, automating, and optimizing mission critical software and deployments on-premise and in AWS, leveraging advanced engineering practices, configuration management, CI/CD, enterprise Git & GitHub branch management, and DevOps processes.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• 5+ years of programming experience. Strong working knowledge of modern programming languages, ETL tools and solid experience in writing and tuning SQL, T-SQL and/or PL/SQL functions, procedures, and triggers.
• Some professional experience with SQL Server Enterprise 2016, Informatica, Oracle 12c, MySQL 5.7 Enterprise, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS or some other RDBMS
• Develop highly scalable applications in AWS cloud-native, managed services not limited to AWS EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, Aurora, CloudFormation, and CodePipeline.
• Willing and able to quickly learn new technologies.
• Ability to mentor teams. Some ETL/data movement certifications a plus.
• Strong problem solving and analysis skills, self-motivated, and able to work in a team environment.
This position will analyze problems and is an expert in at least two or more Data Management tools. Role will understand and develop requirements for a system (mapping documents) by working with Business and Stakeholders, including visualization. Focus on the design with emphasis on reusability, scalability, optimization and parameterization. Develop, test and maintain canonical layouts and drives standardization. Is proficient at automated testing strategies, including TDD. Integrate systems to enterprise data governance tools. Perform data and service integration. Design data as a service (DaaS). Contribute to 24x7x365 days of on-call staff coverage.
- Develops, tests and maintains code using software development methodology and appropriate technologies for the system being used.
- Works closely with Business Analysts to develop detail systems design and written test plans for online and report application programs.
- Performs analysis on projects and provides a project plan that shows the tasks needing to be completed and a time estimate for each task.
- Participates in design walkthroughs with appropriate focus groups and related users to verify accuracy of design in meeting business needs.
- Prepares installation instructions and coordinates installation procedures.
- Supports and troubleshoots application code problems.
- Provides status reports that give a detailed description of the current projects progress and indicates time devoted to each task of the project.
- Coordinates, guides and mentors programming efforts performed by in-house programmers or outside consultants to ensure that all programming is completed according to the project plan.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Data and Integration Engineer
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/17/2019
Date Requisition Created9/12/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Strong working knowledge of modern programming languages, ETL tools and understanding of Cloud Concepts.
- Agile and Design Thinking (Coursera).
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player.
- Willing and able to quickly learn new technology.
- Ability to mentor teams.
- Some ETL/data movement certifications.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you