Director, Medical Pharmacy Strategy (Remote/Work from Home)
Job DescriptionResponsible for support and development of Medical Pharmacy program strategy as part of the Medical Pharmacy Business Development team. Responsible for managing current Medical Pharmacy clients and potential new clients. Required to serve as a Medical Pharmacy clinical resource throughout the organization and support all clinical pharmacy programs involving Medical Specialty medications and additional clinical programs as needed. Expected to assume leadership of projects as assigned by VP, Medical Pharmacy Strategy.
Approximately 50% travel
- Supports overall Medical Pharmacy Product line for health plans through validated program enhancements, creation of usable, client collateral materials with marketing, and onsite client presentations
- Leads evaluation and identification opportunities for improved management of Medical benefit drugs through clinical research and analytics that improve medical cost savings and provide clinical quality initiatives
- Manages current clients in all Medical Pharmacy programs such as Fee Schedule Management, Prior Authorization, Post Service Claim Edits, Site of Service and any additional programs.
- Develops new opportunities and expands programs for existing clients.
- Works with analytics team to provide business rules and develop new drug to market cost impact analyses for health plan clients
- Manages Medical Pharmacy development needs for potential new clients.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for improved process efficiencies for Medical Pharmacy programs.
- Identifies enhanced reporting methodologies for Medical Pharmacy Programs.
- Supports development and production of Medical Pharmacy Trend Report, owning specific sections as delegated
- Supports development, production and monitoring of Specialty Pharmacy Pipeline Report.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with all internal stakeholders
- Provides Medical Pharmacy expertise within the organization to other business units and within Magellan Rx
- Develops potential opportunities and all research and materials for presentations at National pharmacy/healthcare industry meetings, white papers and published papers.
- Develops appropriate submissions for program presentations at National meetings and for publication acceptance.
General Job Information
TitleDirector, Medical Pharmacy Strategy (Remote/Work from Home)
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/13/2019
Date Requisition Created9/13/2019
Work ExperienceManaged Healthcare, Pharmacy
EducationBachelors: Pharmacy (Required), PharmD: Pharmacy
License and Certifications - RequiredRPH - Registered Pharmacist - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - PreferredPharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy
Other Job Requirements
3-5 years of pharmacy, managed care and pharmaceutical industry experience.
At least 1-2 years' Health Plan Pharmacy experience with knowledge of Medical Pharmacy benefit management strategies.
Strong interpersonal, consultation, organizational, tracking and follow-up skills.
- Pharmacy, Managed Care, Pharmaceutical Industry experience.
- Ability to research, obtain, coordinate, and integrate feedback and directions from diverse operational groups and organizations into a written product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of legislative/oversight bodies (e.g., URAC-Utilization Review Accreditation Commission, CMS-Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, NCQA-National Committee for Quality Assurance, and ERISA-Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974).
- Requires an in depth understanding of the pharmacy industry including drugs paid for on the medical benefit and pharmacy benefit.
- Generates high confidence in project output and production.
- Independent worker requiring little oversight, self motivated.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience and thorough understanding of Microsoft Office products, and other relevant software systems and applications.
- Data review and interpretation skills required.
- Must possess RPh or PharmD license in good standing.
- Health Plan experience managing drugs on both Pharmacy and Medical benefit.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you