Pharmacy Program Specialist
Middletown RI 02842
Job DescriptionThis position will assign and track telephonic interventions, contact provider offices to schedule consultation appointments, complete data entry related to scheduling attempts and case closures, monitor pharmacy data transfers, interface with pharmacy program vendor(s) as needed , support customer implementations, resolve pharmacy intervention issues and provide administrative support to management and other members of the pharmacy team.
- Effectively supports Magellan's internal pharmacy program operations ensuring that telephonic, facsimile, email, and/or text/SMS interventions are scheduled, delivered on schedule and that intervention materials are available for the consultation.
- Coordinates with the internal and external parties alike to ensure all objectives pertaining to clinical programs are met.
- Conducts contacts with internal and external parties professionally and assertively.
- Effectively uses systems to schedule appointments, track activities and monitor results.
- Collaborates with internal departments and external vendors on day-to-day operational issues, assisting with systems/data entry issues, the management of inbound/outbound calls, the monitoring of vendor-supplied databases/products and the receipt and management of intervention lists/materials.
- Supports implementation of the program for customers, collaborating with other departments, customer representatives and account management representatives as needed.
- Identifies, documents and tracks issues that are raised by internal departments and external vendors, ensuring that appropriate resources are leveraged to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Assists in developing and delivering Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) to internal departments and external vendors as appropriate to ensure client success
- Provides administrative support to Sr. Dir. Clinical Pharmacy Programs, MTM and other members of the Clinical Programs team (e.g., schedule meetings, manage meeting documentation, draft team communications, monitor/order office supplies, collaborate with facilities department, arrange travel, support employee performance measuring processes, and other duties as assigned by the Sr. Dir.).
- Reviews productivity and internal management reports, identifying issues and suggesting resolutions; continually seeks to improve processes and increase efficiency.
- Assist in the development and management of various clinical programs.
General Job Information
TitlePharmacy Program Specialist
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/4/2019
Date Requisition Created9/4/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Business administration and support and working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with physicians and medical office managers with confidence, assertiveness and a pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to function independently and as a team member. Good organization and time management, with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong business administrative experience.
- Ability to travel occasionally and work after hours as needed.
- Ability and willingness to learn proprietary computer systems.
- 1-3 years related experience in health care.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you