Job DescriptionJob Profile Summary
Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of member and provider correspondence. This includes collecting letter requirements from clients, reconciling them with State, Federal and Accreditation requirements. The Senior Correspondence Specialist is responsible for letter configuration (plan IDs, statuses, etc.), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Managing Projects and Issue Resolution, as well as contributing to Process Improvement initiatives. The Senior Correspondence Specialist monitors production systems to ensure letter quality and timeliness standards are met. Develop and maintain documented standards for quality and ensure documentation correlates with letter functionality.
- Communicates directly with clients and internal departments regarding correspondence needs and letter requirements.
- Interacts with compliance regarding accreditation requirements for the member and provider letters.
- Consults with Magellan legal counsel for review of state and federal communication requirements.
- Develop and customize letter objects and configure the appropriate enclosure conditions to meet original requirements of the project.
- Ensuring Branding, Formatting and other document attributes are consistent with requirements.
- Work in conjunction with internal departments to develop new letter functionality as needed to meet internal or external letter requirements.
- Troubleshoot, research and respond to inquiries regarding letter issues.
- Partner with IT on the development of letters to ensure accurate production results, including QA testing.
- Monitor the Letter Failure report and ensure timeliness and accuracy of letters.
- Assist in tracking Letter quality issues.
- Develop and maintain documented quality standards.
- Participates in Client and Regulatory audits.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Correspondence Specialist
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/29/2019
Date Requisition Created7/29/2019
Work ExperienceHealthcare, Managed Healthcare, Operations
EducationGED, High School
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Strong interpersonal, consultative, organizational, tracking and follow-up skills. Ability to research, obtain, coordinate, and integrate feedback and directions from diverse operational groups.
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Editing and proof reading experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Product Suite, specifically Word and Excel.
- Ability and willingness to learn other relevant software systems and applications.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.