Dir, System of Care
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for leading the Value Based Purchasing strategy along with the Care Management Center’s (CMC) strategy and planning efforts in delivery system transformation, helping behavioral health services evolve and expand using a strengths-based, regionally-focused, and interdisciplinary multi-year approach. This role engages customers, providers, state agencies and other internal and external stakeholders in a collaborative approach to achieving the priorities set by the customer. The goal is a behavioral health delivery system and network development enhancement strategies that utilize and implements value based purchasing approaches and tactics to achieve high quality outcomes for the members it serves. Leads key initiatives and projects, including those involving cross-functional areas and external stakeholders.
- Leads strategic efforts, including the development of an annual delivery system transformation plan, which includes the expansion of the contract specific programs, children’s services, adult services, cultural competence, and consumer and family voice/empowerment as well as client specific requirements or initiatives.
- Responsible for partnerships at all levels (stakeholders, including members, providers, agencies and county / state departments) supporting the contract, ensuring successes are perceived as wins by all involved.
- Responsible for ongoing system redesign to promote the use of outcome tools and strong member outcomes, expansion of evidence-based practices, a proactive crisis system, and better integration between physical and behavioral providers.
- Responsible for implementing value based purchasing contracting approaches within county / state programs.
- Responsible for effective coordination and collaboration with internal Magellan departments, including quality, network, clinical, and others and tapping Magellan’s subject matter experts as needed to obtain desired results.
General Job Information
TitleDir, System of Care
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/3/2019
Date Requisition Created9/3/2019
EducationBachelors: Behavioral Health, Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Strategic planning, working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including consumer and family leaders, strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to execute and achieve strong results, ability to motivate and inspire a team, knowledge of evidence-based and emerging best practices, demonstrated use of creativity and problem-solving to overcome obstacles. Working knowledge Microsoft Office Product Suite. Strong track record of behavioral health leadership in promoting Value Based Purchasing strategies, evidence-based practices, consumer and family leadership, cultural competence, children's system of care principles, and use of nationally recognized outcomes tools.
Clinical degree in behavioral health preferred. Advanced degree in health care management, public health, or similar area preferred. Equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable. Knowledge of children's system of care and wrap-around principles, evidence based and emerging best practices, diffusion of innovation concept and practices, nationally-recognized outcomes tools for adults and children/youth, best practices in promoting cultural competence, and best practice training techniques for adult learners. Ability to work collaboratively with behavioral heath providers to expand services and implement recovery and resiliency principles.5-10 years behavioral health managed care experience or senior leadership in community-based behavioral health setting.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.