Sr. Director, Client Analytics - remote opportunity
Job DescriptionLeads primary data and analytics support for client specific analytics, working closely with Account Management, Clinical Operations Management and Underwriting leadership to drive cost efficiency within the market/business. Provides subject matter expertise for current and historical cost experience, cost drivers and trends. Accountable for ensuring that analytics are accurate, timely and prioritized for delivery of Joint Operations Committee meetings, as scheduled throughout the year for all assigned clients. Requires an ability to represent Magellan Client Analytics in client-facing meetings with members of Account Management, Clinical Operations Management and others as applicable.
- Directs and oversees primary analytical support for assigned clients. Uses subject matter expertise and data/analytics to guide strategic decision-making by executive leadership within Magellan and the client.
- Provides subject matter expertise for current and historical cost experience, cost drivers including both utilization and unit costs, and applicable trends. Pro-actively informs internal and client leadership of emerging experience and potential risks.
- Partners with Account Management, Clinical Operations Management and Underwriting leaders to ensure analytical accuracy. Requires the ability to identify trends and anomalous data that warrants investigation, and the ability to lead and perform the necessary investigations to facilitate fact-finding and issue resolution.
- Responsible for identifying cost efficiency and quality improvement opportunities through reporting and analytics. Must be able to understand the quality of care implications of access and efficiency.
- Drives changes and enhancements to our analytical capabilities, continually improving the actionable intelligence we get from the data and how efficiently we produce that intelligence. Collaborates with Informatics to continually improve standardized reporting and dashboard capabilities and efficiency.
- Provides oversight and direction to employees; delegates effectively to meet overall team goals and foster individual employee development. Creates a spirit of teamwork and collaboration both within the team and across business units.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and development to staff as well as effective performance feedback. Leads both managers and individual contributors.
General Job Information
TitleSr. Director, Client Analytics - remote opportunity
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/11/2019
Date Requisition Created9/9/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years of healthcare analytics experience.
- 10+ years of leadership/management experience.
- Experienced in managed healthcare analytics (pricing, underwriting, medical economics, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills while sharing complex healthcare analytics data.
- Ability to develop and lead staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to forge effective business relationships across organizations, functional groups and levels.
- Extensive experience working as a liaison between technical and non-technical groups.
- Proven ability to facilitate both internal and external meetings effectively, whether in person or through video-conferencing.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.