Job DescriptionThe Marketing Outreach Specialist works within an assigned territory (Maricopa, Gila and Pinal counties in Arizona, 90% travel throughout those counties) to develop and implement community outreach programs to develop and retain membership for Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (D-SNP). This position collaborates on the development of strategic plans for growth, within assigned territories, regions or communities that nurture and retain positive relationships between the health plan, members and caregivers, the community, and provider organizations. The Specialist provides information about health plan services, assists the members in completing the application process in accordance with CMS guidelines, organizes and attends community events and health fairs and serves as the liaison to community organizations. This position also conducts member, community and organizational trainings. The Marketing Outreach Specialist completes face-to-face outreach and ensures compliance with all state and CMS Medicare Marketing Guidelines.
- Drives membership growth by leveraging community relationships and developing opportunities to present and educate in front of potential members, caregivers and other interested parties.
- Develops and implements promotional plans for new outreach opportunities. Distributes educational and promotional materials to community and provider organizations. Presents the Company history and offerings in group settings. Consistently achieves member growth while meeting quality performance standards.
- Attends provider and community meetings and participates in special projects. Collaborates with multiple departments, including peers, business development, marketing, network contracting, and provider liaison teams.
- Participates as a member of the Marketing team in developing and implementing strategies. Develops and implements promotional plan for new outreach opportunities.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of health programs. May act as a subject expert on Medicare and/or Medicaid programs and benefits for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops an engagement plan for assigned territory (such as community based organizations, service agencies, housing, food pantries, churches etc.), and cultivates relationships and identifies potential collaboration opportunities.
- Plans and implements territory monthly action plan and consistently meets and/or exceeds outreach targets. Produces summary reports on outreach activities.
- Participates in cross functional teams and quality improvement initiatives.
- Identifies, develops and maintains strategic relationships with community contacts and organizations to pursue outreach engagements for multiple regions. Distributes written material to community and provider organizations.
- Plans, executes and participates at community events, educational, outreach and other health related events.
- Schedules and facilitates marketing events, both formal and informal, with members and prospective members that meets the contractual requirements.
- Identifies and attends community and health events.
- Identifies and coordinates outreach activities and necessary materials at community and health events.
- Organizes staff and other resources in the participation and the support of select community events and activities.
- Responsible for post-event follow up and maintenance of relationships for future and recurring events.
General Job Information
TitleMarketing Outreach Specialist
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/15/2019
Date Requisition Created8/12/2019
Work ExperienceCommunity Relations/Outreach, Medicare
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field
- 2+ years of community outreach, marketing and/or sales experience with a minimum of 1 year of Medicare and/or Medicaid enrollment experience.
- Comparable experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Valid State Life, Accident & Health insurance license.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must exhibit sensitivity towards the target population.
- This position requires 95% field based activity within the assigned sales geography working with targeted growth accounts.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel within the sales territory (Maricopa, Gila and Pinal Counties, AZ).
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you