Senior Data and Reporting Analyst
Miami FL 33126 Fed 1150 NW 72 Ave
Job DescriptionEnsures timely submission of accurate and complete encounter files including data from subcontractors (e.g. pharmacy, vision, dental).
• Interpret data and analyze results
• Follow standard procedures, documentation and workflows to ensure quality encounter and state reporting, per contractual requirements.
• Complete attestation documentation for multiple weekly submissions.
• Assist with encounter denial resolution for timely resubmission to state.
• Assist with coordination of efforts with appropriate internal departments for resolution.
Maintain and monitor state reporting for the business unit.
• Maintain Reporting dashboard.
• Ensure delivery of reporting submissions.
Performs other duties as required.
• Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
• Work with multiple systems and analytical tools (ie. ERA, Cognos, UltraEdit).
Follow policies and procedures and strategies to ensure contract compliance and organizational goals and objectives are met.
• Assist with ensuring compliance with federal and state deliverable reporting requirements by performing data quality audits and analysis.
• Assist with research of regulatory and contract requirements. Follow procedures to apply to regulatory adhoc contract requirements. Document specifications.
• Upload and download reports from FLMMIS web portal when necessary.
• Develop reports and deliverables for management.
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
• Assist with coordination efforts with the appropriate internal departments to develop new tools and processes.
• Assist with the publication of reminder notifications for business units.
• Assist with the research of quarterly reporting guide changes and updates related to reporting.
Field(s) of study:
Job Specific: Typically 5-7 years of related analytical and/or consulting experience required, healthcare experience preferred.
Equivalent combination of experience and
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Other: Demonstrated ability to identify issues and propose methodological solutions. Synthesizes analyses well, highlight implications of findings. Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis. Possesses technical expertise in some areas. Must demonstrate effective communication, consulting, interpersonal, and presentation.
Computer Skills: Proficient with PC applications including spreadsheet, word processing, and graphics packages.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Data and Reporting Analyst
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/5/2019
Date Requisition Created9/5/2019
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Mathematics (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Managed care experience preferred.
- Database management strongly preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Requires strong expertise in MS Excel and relational database such as MS Access and other database management (MS SQL) and reporting tools.
- Ability to use reporting software such as Actuate, Cognos, Crystal reports, SAS, or other.
- Ability to query the company's data warehouse and/or department systems in response to data requests.
- Typically 5-7 years of related analytical and/or consulting experience required.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.