Job DescriptionTMG by Magellan Health is seeking a Self-Directed Personal Care Registered Nurse who lives in either Barron County, Price County or Rusk County, Wisconsin.
Self-Directed Personal Care RN's are responsible for providing self-directed personal care nursing services to IRIS participants including, but not limited to, those services specific to participation in the 1915j Self-Directed Medicaid Personal Care Program. This role is responsible for administering the Wisconsin Personal Care Screening Tool; creating personal care, person-centered plans of care called My Cares; managing a caseload of participants called a My Cares Group (MCG), providing education and training for all program participants and care providers and documenting activities and services in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Provides assessments and oversight to the My Cares Groups by administering the Wisconsin Personal Care Screening Tool and addendums as required.
- Documents assessment as required by individual tool and Department of Health Services policies and by completing oversight visits and calls as required.
- Oversees a My Cares Group of participants, develops individual plans of care, ensures physician orders for care are obtained and reviews and revises plans of care as needed.
- Complies with all Department of Health Services policies and TMG SDPC Guidelines, procedures and practices along with documentation and program regulations.
- Provides training to participants or care providers as requested and provides educational materials as needed.
- Tracks departmental requests, provides reports and summaries, develops documents, participates in discussions and problem solving regarding program development and implementation.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSelf-Directed Personal Care Registered Nurse - Barron, Price or Rusk County
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/11/2019
Date Requisition Created9/10/2019
EducationAssociates: Nursing (Required), Bachelors: Nursing
License and Certifications - RequiredDL - Driver License, Valid In State - Other, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Possess and maintain an unrestricted Wisconsin RN license.
- One year of home care nursing experience serving individuals with developmental disabilities, physical disabilities or the elderly.
- Demonstrated computer and software skills required, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and database operation/maintenance skills and data entry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required and the ability to adapt communication styles to fit situation.
- Strong teaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills with ability to manage tasks independently.
- Flexibility in the work environment and willingness and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, maintain adequate auto insurance for job-related travel, and ability to travel within Wisconsin and other states as necessary.
- Experience providing care through the Wisconsin Medicaid Personal Care Program.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”