Job DescriptionThis Sr./Lead UC Software Engineer will be responsible for software development related to the IVR / CTI / Contact center. This position is open to remote employees, allowing you to telecommute from the comfort of your own home from anywhere in the US.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Interpret and analyze business requirements to identify risks and design appropriate solutions
- Develop and assess the capabilities and limitations of the applications and technologies and recommend alternatives and solutions
- Provide guidance for business decisions from a technical perspective on such issues as performance, scalability, reliability, and security
- Collaborate with project team members to provide input to design specifications related to speech application
- Develop IVR / Speech applications using Avaya Aura Orchestration Designer, VXML, and Java
- Integrate to backend systems such as web services, databases, fax, CTI, and reporting
- Develop simple grammars for speech applications
- Understand differences between types of grammars (list, pattern, etc.), benefits and when each is appropriate to maximize accuracy for a given dialog
What skills you'll need:
- At least 4 years experience in VoiceXML IVR technologies
- 3 years experience in Advanced Speech Recognition solution design and development
- 1 year experience in grammar design, development (ABNF, GRXML), and testing
- 3 years experience in speech tuning and grammar analysis
- VXML, SSML, XML, JAVA, J2EE, JSP, .NET, C#, ASP, etc.
- Strong understanding of Natural Language design and Directed Dialogue design techniques for speech applications
- Strong knowledge of various speech engine capabilities and tuning concepts
- Ideal candidate will have experience with Nuance speech engines/tools
This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology in all phases of major system and subsystem development. Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business domain process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities and business operations as it relates to application development. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in all aspects of development tasks including data management, application architecture and business architecture. Provides guidance to staff on complex assignments and mentors on new technologies.
- Works with to break down a complex system into smaller components and coach/lead a team of software engineers to design and develop these components.
- Functions as primary practitioner coach on the team to grow the capabilities of other engineers on the team.
- Integrates systems to databases and other applications using middleware such as SnapLogic, REST based services, etc.
- Understands the relationship between applications and infrastructure.
- Acts as a leader in the developer community within Magellan and performs demo, knowledge sharing sessions.
- Writes technical blogs and be active in Open Source Community.
- Agile, DevOPS and Cloud:
- Acts as expert for automated testing strategies, including TDD and ATDD.
- Works on Agile software development projects.
- Understands advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Integration
- Develops highly scalable applications in AWS cloud using tools like Cloud Formation Templates, EC2, SWF, ELB, Lambda, S3, RDS/Dynamo DB and others.
- Identifies track key metrics produced by the application.
- Performs load and performance testing on the applications and have advanced troubleshooting ability to tune the application to scale.
General Job Information
TitleSenior UC Software Engineer - REMOTE
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/7/2019
Date Requisition Created8/30/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 3+ years of programming experience.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you