Sr. Consulting IT Analyst
Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 500
Job Description1) SQL Knowledge is Mandatory
2) Data ware house experience is Mandatory
3) Agile Knowledge is Preferred
3) AWS Knowledge is Preferred
4) Informatica ETL Tool Knowledge is Preferred
This position will analyze, evaluate and design/redesign business, IT or operational processes using scientific approaches such as Critical Thinking, Lean Management, ITIL, Design Thinking and structured systems analysis and design. Provide requirements and testing leadership for the portfolio of applications managed by an IT Service Owner. Drive requirements definition. Oversee detailed design and definition of acceptance criteria to ensure high quality deliverables. Drive usability and quality of the software developed within the area. Ensure integrity of the system is maintained despite the speed of changes. Be a hands-on analyst who can define user stories and acceptance criteria, assist with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching of junior it analysts on the team. Develop relationships with senior stakeholders across partner teams, addressing concerns and removing roadblocks to drive projects forward. Work closely with stakeholders to make design decision throughout the development. Is focused on achieving business goals and is vigilant about quality in every phase of the development process.
- Focus on achieving business goals.
- Work with direct reports to deliver identified system improvements.
- Manage the deployment of business requirements through reliable business system configuration updates to enterprise applications.
- Gather requirements and collaborate on design and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Responsible for planning resources and tools to deliver against that roadmap.
- Drive requirements definition, design, unit testing, and integration. Oversee detailed designs, and test plan reviews to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Work closely with stakeholders to provide status, iterative releases, and make design decision throughout the development.
- Engage, motivate and manage individual contributors.
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders across partner teams, addressing concerns and removing roadblocks to drive projects forward.
General Job Information
TitleSr. Consulting IT Analyst
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/9/2019
Date Requisition Created8/29/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Experience in Health care, PBM or insurance industries.
Experience with a variety of problem solving techniques.
Experience working with industry standard claims, billing or EHR systems.
- 10+ years of related experience including experience working with Agile Methods. Experience moving across different departments within IT to gain a broader perspective of the business/industry.
- Building strong, successful, long-term partnerships.
- Produce actionable, results-oriented strategies to solve complex and open-ended business problems.
- Experience performing implementation reviews.
- Ensure prompt and proper support of resolution of technical challenges.
- Thought leader on process improvement methodologies.
- Use creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills, combined with a strong sense of ownership, and a proactive can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication and project management skills, with a track record of handling multiple customers and streams of work.
- Take responsibility for ensuring success of all implementations.
- Ability to help team meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you