Director, Formulary Management
Middletown RI 02842
Job DescriptionResponsible for clinical analysis and research activities related to the implementation and ongoing maintenance of formulary and utilization management programs. Key strategist responsible for ensuring all clients initiated, and internal clinical policy and new clinical policy implementation projects are accurately implemented and maintained. Responsible for oversight of Magellan Rx National P&T (Pharmacy and Therapeutics) and Therapeutic Assessment Committee (TAC), as well as key areas pertaining to PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management) formulary strategy.
Must sit in Middletown, RI- Relocation available!
- Serves as key clinical and formulary expert for the organization in leading the development and delivery of medication and pharmacy utilization programs in support of total drug solutions.
- Prepares and presents clinical business strategy plan.
- Supports opportunities for new clinical products for the expansion and maximization of revenue growth.
- Coordinates all National Pharmacy & Therapeutics (P & T) and Therapeutic Assessment Committee (TAC) activities.
- Has leadership oversight of Pharmacy & Therapeutics (P&T) committee charter and membership.
- Management oversight of the clinical team responsible for the implementation and maintenance of drug formularies, as well as utilization management algorithm/criteria input for Prior Authorization review. Provides strategic support and coaching to team members. Refines UM Clinical Development team; works to develop employee skills, evaluates performance and provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relations issues.
- Represents capabilities in UM Clinical Development, Pharmacy & Therapeutics, therapeutic assessment, and formulary management and design in RFP inquiries and internal sales and marketing presentations.
- Acts as Utilization Management Clinical Development business owner; represents business needs for departmental system applications; collaborates with client facing teams to execute on client requests that impact operational tools.
- Partners with Benefit and Formulary Operations in test case requirements development and reviews for the quality testing of formulary updates and new utilization management programs.
General Job Information
TitleDirector, Formulary Management
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/1/2019
Date Requisition Created1/22/2019
EducationBachelors: Pharmacy (Required), PharmD: Pharmacy (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredPharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy, RPH - Registered Pharmacist - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 7 or more years of experience in pharmacy, managed care or PBM
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Prefer experience in leading Pharmacy & Therapeutics, clinical policy, drug evaluation, and formulary management.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you