Job DescriptionWe are seeking a Provider Support Coordinator who will work remotely (or from the Phoenix office if preferred) and resides in Maricopa County, Arizona. This position will travel 60-70% throughout Maricopa, Gila and Pinal Counties in Arizona.
The Provider Support Coordinator acts as the front-line liaison between the health plan and provider offices and promotes change in behaviors and provides support to high volume clinics and providers. Responsible for maintaining relationships with providers, clinics and provides on-going support and education to improve upon existing services offered by providers. Works both internally and externally to help ensure improved population health of our members. Provides onsite support in provider offices for scheduling members.
- Supports practice implementation of care coordination and care management.
- Identifies action plans for providers to implement to improve cost, quality and the patient experience.
- Participates in design, development, and implementation of community learning forums.
- Actively participates in developing program recommendations and internal action plans.
- Assists with member survey.
- Supports Performance Improvement Projects (PIPs).
- Supports Plan Do Study Act (PDSA) cycle improvement projects.
- Supports the efforts of providers and practice teams on office-based care delivery interventions resulting in cost of care savings and improved health outcomes for patients.
- Provides education for practices to develop expertise with metrics and data review for quality improvement.
- Participates in various community and multi-department committees to assure effective program implementation.
- Coordinates on-site support in provider offices for completion of clinical interventions (Clinic Days).
- Schedules members for Clinic Days, post discharge, follow up.
- Provides member education.
- Verifies insurance.
- Improves the effectiveness and efficiencies of provider practices.
- Obtains and analyzes quality metrics and reports for care opportunities.
- Provides on-site support at provider offices to administrative staff.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleProvider Support Coordinator
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/28/2019
Date Requisition Created8/20/2019
Work ExperienceManaged Healthcare, Quality
EducationAssociates: Healthcare (Required), Bachelors: Healthcare
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Associates degree in healthcare or related discipline such as coding
- Two plus years of experience in quality management
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare industry standards, HEDIS and NCQA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to interact effectively with business owners, senior management, and peers across the organization
- Demonstrated experience in leading significant cross-functional work
- Excellent knowledge of HEDIS, NCQA, Medicare Stars and Medicaid
- Conceptual and in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry
- Ability to manage relationships with an emphasis on internal and external mid-level relationships
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization, including working with executive audiences, vendors and the government as a customer
- Demonstrated ability to select and implement strategies that are most likely to be successful
- Minimum two years experience in managed care
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you