Supervisor, Customer Care
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionPrimary function is to supervise the customer care staff responsible for responding to telephone inquiries from providers and members as they relate to eligibility, benefits, claims, and authorization of services. Supervises the staff in the implementation, servicing, and maintenance of accounts and account related activities.
- Manages the customer care management (CMC) and supports services (if applicable) to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and customer requirements.
- Measures performance and productivity against the standards.
- Ensures the care center is meeting telephone access standards for Magellan.
- Provides routine staff supervision activities regarding staffing, disciplinary actions and performance appraisals.
- Interviews and screens applicants for positions within the department.
- Monitors and evaluates data from the call tracking and call management telephone system for accuracy, completeness, inquiry response time and performance issues.
- Ensures associates are given their QI scores, monthly report cards, and their productivity statistics individually.
- Ensures motivational programs are being utilized.
- Manage the department`s customer/support services quality improvement programs to ensure member and provider satisfaction.
- Identifies training needs for the Customer Service Unit in developing specific training programs for the Service Center.
- Responsible for the training and development of lower level staff and maintaining a teamwork environment.
- Manages the complaint and grievance process.
- Coordinates with sales account management and regional staff to provide smooth implementation of new business within the Care Center and Support Services.
General Job Information
TitleSupervisor, Customer Care
Job FamilyCustomer Service Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/4/2019
Date Requisition Created9/4/2019
Work ExperienceCustomer Service, Supervisory
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum 5 years' experience in health care call center environment and 2 years' supervisory experience.
- Must possess service excellence attitude.
- Demonstrated track record of managing change with proven results.
- Ability to identify individual and team developmental needs.
- Ability to effectively coach and develop team members.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More