Orlando FL 32801 Fed 13800 Veteran Pkwy Suite 4B
Job DescriptionGuides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures. Provides status of financial condition of the company and/or SBU by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisers, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks. Arranges for audits as required and appropriate. Manages budget and controls expenses effectively. Oversees administrative expense management process for assigned SBU.
- Analyzes current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of care, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Creates pipeline - facilitates the prioritization and qualification of financially-viable opportunities.
- Oversees administrative expense management process for assigned SBU.
- Supports underwriting efforts and financial aspects of proposals for RFPs.
- Supports SBU leader in oversight and management of the financial affairs for all state contracts. Provides market analysis; builds knowledge of various programs/models, state prioritization tiers, etc.
- Oversees Magellan's management of the annual independent audits, ensuring that the final independent audit reports are in compliance with regulations.
- Reviews and approve all contracts and other documents that financially impact the SBU.
- Monitors performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Oversees and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and modeling tools.
- Financial reporting as required.
- Improves performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies.
- Develops financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Analyzes complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Supports senior management, department heads and business units with in-depth analysis. Prepares analysis and presentations supporting SBUs and leadership as needed.
- Ad-hoc analysis as requested by management team.
General Job Information
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/28/2019
Date Requisition Created8/28/2019
Work ExperienceFinance, Management/Leadership
EducationBachelors: Finance (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPA - Certified Public Accountant - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
Responsibilities8 years of progressive experience in financial operations within managed care, health care or insurance industries. 3 years in a managerial position interfacing with senior management.Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines. Must be detail oriented and have excellent analytical skills. Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal and experience with communication at an executive level. Must be able to interact with all levels of staff, including all senior management.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you