Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for providing direction to a team of Business and Configuration Analysts. Responsible for the administrative duties of hiring, purchasing of equipment, conducting employee reviews, staffing and other resource management tasks. Provides guidance and mentoring to staff. Participates in budget preparation and tracking. Works with the Business Owners and IT Management to set priorities of projects and associated tasks.
- Serves as primary point of contact for Configuration maintenance and tasks.
- Estimates feasibility, time and effort of projects and tasks.
- Supports projects through appropriate resource assignments.
- Guides and monitors configuration projects and tasks to successful completion.
- Sets team goals and prioritize tasks to align with company and department objectives.
- Communicates these goals to team members.
- Measures progress and results of team performance.
- Ensures that analysts understand and follow best practices for software development and project management.
- Maintains procedures and processes to ensure quality control. Identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions.
- Manages all aspects of team staffing including hiring, employee retention, employee development and training. Fill vacancies in a timely manner.
- Assesses and evaluates individual capabilities using clear and consistent performance standards.
- Provides feedback and coaching to staff both formally and informally.
- Assists staff in maintaining constant communication with customers, both internal and external, to facilitate analysis and troubleshooting to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provides status reports to Management as appropriate, highlighting risks and issues.
- Completes special Projects as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleManager, Business Systems Analysis
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/3/2019
Date Requisition Created8/21/2019
Work ExperienceIT, Management/Leadership
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 7+ years of experience working in an IT role and 5 years in a leadership role.
- Experience in the managed care, healthcare, or insurance industries.
- Ability to work with and lead technical and non technical staff across levels and departments.
- Understanding of the software development methodology.
- Proven resource management background.
- Experience with structured system development methods.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.