Job DescriptionLooking for a Java Software Engineer with 3-7+ years of experience. This FTE position is a telecommute opportunity where you can work remote from the comfort of your own home from anywhere in the US.
Role based competencies includes:
- Expert in developing Java based web applications
- Ability to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Ability to collaborate and work with teams
- Collaborate with teams to identify and understand key information and data assets
- Looking for a Java Developer that has strong knowledge of build tools, application servers such as Weblogic/Tomcat
- Should have working knowledge of database programming such as SQL.
- Should be able to work in Agile based projects
- Development using Java frameworks (Spring/Angular/Hibernate)
- Build Tools such as Maven, Gradle
- Continuous Integration and Deployment tools on cloud platform
- Experience with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment and Source Control Management.
- IDE such as Eclipse
- Working Knowledge of microservices architecture and Web Services – REST/SOAP/WSDL/JSON
- Knowledge of AWS resources and services
3-7+ yrs of working experience with Java
Should be proficient in Software Development Lifecycle
Bachelor's degree required
- Develops guidelines for other software engineers that helps them build and implement code that is scalable, stable and secure.
- Acts as a hands-on software engineer who can write quality code, assists with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching.
- Understands big picture from a business standpoint within the context of the application.
- Writes technical blogs and be active in Open Source Community.
- Agile, DevOPS and Cloud:
- Applies Design Thinking techniques on application design.
- Leads agile software development efforts as a Technical Leader.
- Coaches other software engineers on practices such as TDD, ATDD and pair programming.
- Understands advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Delivery and Continuous integration, and guide the team to setup a DevOps environment for the applications they build and support.
- Designs and develops highly scalable applications in AWS cloud using tools like Cloud Formation Templates, EC2, SWF, ELB, Lambda, S3, RDS/Dynamo DB and others.
- Reviews and takes actions based on application metrics, including but not limited to code quality, business metrics and performance metrics.
- Creates load and performance testing strategy and perform advanced performance tuning.
General Job Information
TitleJava Consulting Software Engineer (Remote)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/28/2019
Date Requisition Created8/13/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 7+ years related experience including a minimum of 3+ years of designing, building and maintaining high quality, secure software in IT.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you