Staff Auditor - St. Louis, MO
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionAudit role that works with audit management and business/information technology management to conduct medium complexity reviews or assists with more complex reviews of assigned financial, compliance, information technology and operational activities. Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls over the activities reviewed. Assists in reporting findings to business management and recommending necessary corrective action and process improvements. Contributes to the success of the internal audit team by supporting the efforts and objectives of the audit team. Displays teamwork, integrity and leadership. Supports colleagues and value others' contributions.
- Performs operational, financial, IT and compliance audits in assigned areas and functions.
- Assists in the evaluation of business processes and controls.
- Performs corporate finance special projects as requested.
- Performs detailed test work including work plan development, audit test execution, work paper creation, test result analysis, issue identification and reporting, and overall work paper quality.
- Enhances professional skills through development activities including certifications, training and other methods of study.
General Job Information
TitleStaff Auditor - St. Louis, MO
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/28/2019
Date Requisition Created8/27/2019
Work ExperienceAudit, IT
EducationBachelors: Information Technology (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCIA - Certified Internal Auditor - Enterprise, CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor - Enterprise, CPA - Certified Public Accountant - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- One or more of the following Licenses/Certifications: CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP.
- Experience in managed care or Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM).
- Bachelors degree in IT, Management Information Systems, Information Security or related field.
- 2-4 years of IS/IT internal audit experience in a large corporate setting or public accounting firm (Big Four preferred).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications/processes as needed.
- Some knowledge of IT and IT control concepts supporting various types of IT audits.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you