Orlando FL 32812
Job DescriptionPerforms the basic duties of a pharmacy technician in all designated sites. Including and not limited to, prescription data entry, as well as communicate and coordinate with all parties necessary to insure timely shipping and delivery of prescription orders. Pulls and labels medication for pharmacist verification. Packs medications appropriately and affixes a shipping label after the order has been verified by a pharmacist. Performs all basic duties of a pharmacy technician allowable by legal licensure and registration.
- Under the supervision of a pharmacist, picks and affixes labels to packages of prepackaged and unit dose drugs in accordance with the dispensing order. Prepares and affixes shipping labels to the individual patient shipping containers.
- Answers external phone calls pertinent to department assignment.
- Assembles and packages medications, supplies and equipment in appropriate shipping containers.
- Assists with maintaining accurate inventory through pulling expirations.
- Attends designated department meetings as scheduled.
- Communicates and coordinates internally with customer service, billing, pharmacy, and shipping departments to move patient orders through the system and meet the promised delivery date.
- Communicates by phone and fax as necessary with patient, physician office, and insurance to make sure pharmacy has most updated prescription and prior authorization information on file.
- Creates pre-packages supply items.
- Maintains necessary licensure needed for pharmacy technicians.
- Maintains the pharmacy department according to state and federal regulations.
- Picks supplies and equipment for patient orders as indicated on the delivery ticket.
- Prepares delivery tickets including prescription and supply items as necessary.
- Prints delivery tickets, collates and triages delivery tickets according to excursion data.
- Receives and processes data entry of new and refill prescriptions in the pharmacy computer system.
- Recognizes and identifies various classifications of medications, dosage form and routes of administration.
- Verifies prescription elements are present on all prescriptions.
General Job Information
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/1/2019
Date Requisition Created8/1/2019
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCPT/LPT/PTCB/RPT, Pharmacy Technician, State Requirements - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- CPT: Certification/licensure in accordance with state requirements. In the states of Florida, Rhode Island and Michigan, license registration with the Board of Pharmacy is required without exception.
- PTCB: Certification or the ability to obtain PTCB Certification within one year of hire. Employees in states which require a Pharmacy Technician certification/registration exam may substitute state certification/registration for the PTCB.
- Specialty or retail pharmacy industry experience, previous reimbursement experience, and/or working in a health plan/health care setting.
- Proficiency in Pharmacy computerized systems and software applications, as well as MS Office Product Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and trouble-shoot problematic issues.
- Pharmacy technician experience in prescription entry, picking, labeling and preparing medication orders for pharmacist verification.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you