Pharmacy Program Manager - Medicare
Job DescriptionManages the coordination of benefits in the pharmacy program with Medicare Part D plans. Provides the technical and leadership skills that ensure successful Part D pharmacy operations and program compliance within the pharmacy business unit. Makes business decisions that have impacts on members, providers, Part D plans, CMS, and the company. Requires a working knowledge of Medicare Part D eligibility requirements, Part D plan designs, drug formularies, drug pricing, claims processing and reimbursements, True Out of Pocket expenditures, that ensure successful Part D pharmacy operations and Senior Pharmaceutical Asistance Program compliance within the pharmacy department. Works with state program leaders, ensures established rules, policies, and procedures are implemented to ensure coordination of Medicare Part D operations are successful, efficient, auditable and in compliance with CMS requirements.
- Ensures the accuracy of payments to Part D sponsors having signed agreements with the Pennsylvania Department of Aging (PDA), a qualified SPAP. These payments include but are not limited to premium amounts, late enrollment penalties, and reimbursement of drug claims.
- Ensures the accuracy of payments to Part D sponsers for the Pennsylvania Department of Health's Aids Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) who has a memorandum of understanding with PDA to meet this objective.
- Resolves disputes of payments with the Part D plans, on a timely basis, and acts as a liaison between PDA and the Part D plan.
- Receives, interprets, and acts upon CMS guidance where necessary and applicable to the SPAP programs.
- Consults with PDA staff members to identify and document business needs and objectives, and consults with internal staff and PDA staff members to identify and document current operational procedures, and evaluates alternatives applicable to system development activities.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures, and tracks and documents changes to functional and business specifications.
- Creates or assists others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures, assists in the creation and execution of acceptance test plans and the associated testing and monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests.
- Assists PDA with writing the annual RFI and evaluating submitted responses from Part D plans.
- Analyzes and interprets data and provides guidance in the plan selection.
General Job Information
TitlePharmacy Program Manager - Medicare
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/26/2019
Date Requisition Created8/19/2019
Work ExperienceMedicare, Operations
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- At least five years of experience administering a pharmacy benefit for SPAPs and ADAPs coordinated with Medicare Part D.
- Familiarity with all facets of the business, including but not limited to enrollment, invoicing, reconciliations, recoupment activities, electronic file submission and retrieval, and customer service.
- Understands the impact coordination of benefits has on other operational areas including member and pharmacy call center customer service.
- Excellent ability to communicate verbally and in writing to varied audiences including state government program leaders, Medicare Part D plans, pharmacy providers and members.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you