Senior Healthcare Data Analyst - Cambridge, MA
Cambridge MA 02141 58 Charles Street
Job DescriptionAre you seeking meaningful work with people who care?
Magellan Health is seeking a Senior Healthcare Data Analyst to work in our Cambridge, MA office. The ideal candidate will have managed care experience and at least 5 or more years of healthcare analytics experience. In this role, you will utilize SQL, Excel and Tableau to support our clinical analytics enterprise, including cost of care initiative reporting. This position is ideal for a candidate who is a critical thinker, innovative, and highly collaborative.
Join Magellan and help us turn fragmented care into focused care, empowering 1 in 10 Americans to lead healthier, more vibrant lives every day.
Collects financial and clinical utilization data, primarily through Microsoft SQL Server, to provide analyses for a broad array of issues across disciplines and functional areas. Has sole responsibility for small to medium size analytical projects. May be dedicated to a single department or business unit.
- Assists in the identification of key business issues and the design of analytic approaches. Conducts research on identified key business issues. Provides oversight and direction to analysts and assigned components of project work. Evaluates and distills analyses conducted by other departments and/or outside consultants.
- Assists in developing and utilizing data gathering tools, such as surveys/questionnaires, work sampling, financial modeling, and/or interview questions, to ensure that appropriate quantitative and qualitative data is gathered for the analyses. Extracts data for analysis and interpretation.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative analyses on a broad array of issues across disciplines, projects and functional areas. Structures and executes analysis independently.
- Prepares preliminary interpretations of analyses for project teams, clients, and/or department management. Recommends suggested action steps based on the analytic results.
- Prepares reports synthesizing analytical results, highlighting implications of findings. Follows through any further actions based on the results using sound business judgment.
- Assists in the development of project proposals, recommendations, implementation plans, communication packages, performance measurement tools, and training materials related to the assigned projects.
- Contributes to practice development and department administration including, recruiting, debriefing on training, and developing thought pieces on topics like change management. May provide input to performance reviews of others in the department.
- Performs other duties as required.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Healthcare Data Analyst - Cambridge, MA
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/20/2019
Date Requisition Created8/20/2019
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Mathematics (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Managed care experience preferred.
- Database management strongly preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Requires strong expertise in MS Excel and relational database such as MS Access and other database management (MS SQL) and reporting tools.
- Ability to use reporting software such as Actuate, Cognos, Crystal reports, SAS, or other.
- Ability to query the company's data warehouse and/or department systems in response to data requests.
- Typically 5-7 years of related analytical and/or consulting experience required.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.