VP, Chief Financial Officer
Brooklyn NY 11201 Brooklyn 3 15 MetroTech Center SWH
Job DescriptionPosition has overall leadership for the financial affairs of Magellan’s Senior Whole Health plan in New York, serving the managed long-term care Medicaid market in New York City and surrounding areas (nearly $900 million of revenue projected for 2020). Key responsibilities for the role include financial planning and analysis, performance management (including revenue cycle, medical cost initiatives and customer negotiations and settlements) and balance sheet reconciliation and related controls (including regulatory capital). As a member of the senior leadership for the plan, position will actively participate in the development and execution of both near-term and long-term business strategies. Requires 10+ years in financial leadership roles serving the managed Medicaid health plan market. Experience in the New York market and/or managed long-term care plans is desired but not required. Position serves as member of our national Magellan Complete Care senior Finance team along with 5 other market CFOs.
- Oversees the financial terms of all contracts and coordinates all related activities such as rate renewals/rate openers and settlements of contingencies under each contract (e.g., performance penalties/incentives).
- Analyzes and reports monthly financial results for the SBU to leadership and appropriate staff members.
- In partnership with SBU leadership, develops and maintains long-term strategic plan for business including 5-year financial plan, including specific strategic initiatives, related investment/capital deployment requirements and cost/benefit analyses.
- Manages the preparation of the fiscal operating budget for the SBU as well as quarterly forecasts and monthly forward outlook.
- Prioritizes and coordinates all cost of care analytics for business, maintain appropriate data environment (framework) to ensure relevance of information applied in management of business and partner with SBU leadership to guide operations and strategies to optimize effectiveness of care management activities.
- Monitors all balance sheet accounts associated with contracts managed by the SBU including accounts receivable, funds withheld by customers, claims recoverables, etc.
- Performs special projects and other tasks, as requested by leadership.
General Job Information
TitleVP, Chief Financial Officer
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/20/2019
Date Requisition Created8/16/2019
Work ExperienceFinance, Management/Leadership
EducationBachelors: Finance (Required), Masters: Finance
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPA - Certified Public Accountant - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years of progressive experience in financial operations within managed care, health care or insurance industries.
- 5+ years of experience in a managerial position interfacing with senior management.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent analytical skills.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal and experience with communication at an executive level.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of staff, including all senior management.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you