Benefit Plan Configuration Tester II
Little Rock AR 72202
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible to develop thorough test plans for medium (relating to complexity) systems to ensure a smooth transition from a development environment to a production environment. Responsible for testing, reviewing and learning medium (relating to complexity) functionality of software applications which are developed in house and those purchased form third party vendor. Develops and maintains documented standards for quality acceptance in software. Provides data analysis and reporting. Responsible for interfacing with IT to ensure utilization and effective use of IT sponsored tools. Provide basic technical skills to support data and system management.
- Develops test plans for medium systems to ensure application functionality meets original requirements to project.
- Works closely with software development staff to test and review applications developed in house or purchased from third party vendor prior to installation.
- Becomes knowledgeable of business applications systems as they are used within the business department, research and respond to application inquires.
- Develops and maintains documented standards for quality acceptance of software
- Maintains up to date test environment
- Ensures end user documentation correlates with program functionality
- Maintains an on going self study program to enhance QA skills and knowledge.
- Coordinates or independently completes special projects.
- Works with designated department to assess, define, and develop deliverables to meet internal and customer system requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleBenefit Plan Configuration Tester II
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/9/2019
Date Requisition Created8/9/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Strong expertise in MS Excel and relational database such as MS Access and other database management (MS SQL) and reporting tools.
- Ability to use reporting software such as Actuate, Cognos, Crystal reports, SAS, or other.
- Ability to query the company's data warehouse and/or department systems in response to data requests.
- Managed care experience preferred.
- Database management strongly preferred.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.