Senior Internal Controls and Compliance Manager
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionThis role is responsible for providing oversight and the administration of corporate governance processes for all Magellan Federal contracts (including the wholly-owned subsidiary Armed Forces Services Corporation “AFSC”). The position leads major internal controls initiatives and is accountable for deploying, administering and managing AFSC’s SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) and DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement) business systems Compliance programs.
- Drafting and administration of federal contracting accounting policies and procedures to facilitate adherence to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and contract terms.
- Conducting an annual assessment of business systems’ policies applicable to Magellan Federal/AFSC.
- Conducting mock audits to assess SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) and DFARs ( Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement) business system audit readiness.
- In collaboration with the IT team, providing ongoing design and maintenance of the governance system architecture and document repository including organization of and enhancement to the user interface environment.
- Enhancing and maintaining AFSC’s governance document repository.
- Coordinating the drafting, updating and timely submission of AFSC’s SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) narratives and providing Magellan Internal Audit document production support as needed.
- Support of document workflow design and maintenance.
- Providing meaningful advice/guidance to satisfy regulatory needs in a practical and efficient manner (including recommendations regarding use of the most appropriate contracting provisions and methodologies).
- Developing and managing an auditing and monitoring plan.
- Overseeing the preparation of incurred cost submission, provisional billing rates and forward pricing rate proposals.
- Leading internal and external audit efforts, including supporting DCAA (DoD (Department of Defense) Contract Audit Agency (US DoD))/federal agency audits.
- Escalating non-compliance issues to Senior Management.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Internal Controls and Compliance Manager
Job FamilyLegal Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/9/2019
Date Requisition Created8/9/2019
Work ExperienceCompliance, Contract Administration and Management, Military/Government
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related required.
A minimum of 7 years of experience in Federal Contracts Compliance and/or Federal Contracts Administration.
In-depth knowledge and fluency with FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation, CAS (Cost Accounting Standards) and other related federal laws and regulations.
Proven ability to influence, and communicate with stakeholders at all levels in an organization.
Experience in SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) administration, DoD (Department of Defense) contracts and DCAA (DoD (Department of Defense) Contract Audit Agency (US DoD)) audits a plus.
Accounting background is preferred.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you