Job DescriptionTHE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE MEDICAID HEALTH PLAN EXPERIENCE.
Responsible for the management of financial operations and results for the MCC Florida health plan. Areas of focus include financial planning and analysis, customer contracting, rate negotiations, analysis of utilization and medical cost trends and administrative expense management. In the process, builds relationships with heath plan leadership, enterprise financial operations and other functional leaders to drive performance. Develops and maintains external partnerships with key customer, vendors and other constituents to influence the direction of the business.
- Analyzes monthly financial results, conducts periodic forecasts of current year profitability and develops the annual budget for the MCC Florida health plan.
- Participates in periodic meetings with internal stakeholders to discuss results and drive performance including development of corrective action plans to mitigate risks and optimize profitability.
- Supports month end close process which includes reviewing journal entries, reconciliations and month end reports.
- Actively participates as a member of the health plan leadership team in the development and execution of both near-term and long-term business strategies.
- Performs financial modeling to support the 5-year financial plan.
- Serves as the financial lead for specific strategic strategies including related investment/capital deployment requirements, cost/benefit analyses and evaluation of potential inorganic accelerants to each strategy.
- Leads revenue cycle management including premium/eligibility reconciliation, kick payments and financial tracking and reconciliation of risk adjustment.
- Drives development, rationalization and analysis of medical cost trends and utilizaiton/cost initiatives, including claims payment integrity and related claim recovery efforts.
- Develops financial reporting platform to enable deepen transparency of administrative expense structure.
- Holds responsibility for the integrity and resolution of all balance sheet accounts including accounts receivable, funds withheld by customer, claims recoverables, etc.
- Manages select vendor contracts and payment reconciliations.
- Performs ad hoc financial analysis and special projects as requested by management.
General Job Information
TitleDirector of Finance - FL Medicaid Health Plan
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/15/2019
Date Requisition Created8/15/2019
Work ExperienceFinance, Management/Leadership
EducationBachelors: Finance (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPA - Certified Public Accountant - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years of finance experience in healthcare or comparable professional experience with at least 5 years of management experience.
- Customer service focused with excellent analytical skills, interpersonal skills and executive presence required.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and adapt to new issues/assignments as business needs change; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Strategic mindset.
- This role may require direct contract negotiations of financial terms with external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate and have a sales perspective are key requirements for success in this role.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you