Job DescriptionThe Member Outreach/Sales Representative works within an assigned territory (state of Virginia, 95% travel throughout the state) to develop community relationships that lead to activities and events that fall within CMS Medicare Marketing Guidelines. These relationships that lead to activities and events provider ongoing enrollment and membership growth for the company. He/she is responsible for achieving monthly and annual enrollment goals by developing and implementing growth strategies and using government approved guidelines for the purpose of creating enrollment growth and brand awareness. The Member Outreach/Sales Representative follows up on sales leads and information requests of prospective members and converts the lead into active plan membership. He/she assists the members in completing the application process in accordance with CMS guidelines.
- Assists sales manager in developing strategic growth plan for sales territory; performs selling and marketing activities that support the strategic plan in order to achieve monthly and annual enrollment/sales goals.
- Identifies opportunities, develops relationships with key business partners which lead to access to scheduled community events in targeted growth accounts which support strategic initiatives with the goal of generating leads which then are then converted into enrollments and meet the quota expectations of the role.
- Obtains SOA and provides information and answers to all questions from prospective members regarding benefits, rights and responsibilities, and plan operations.
- Meets and reviews monthly sales-related goals and objectives with managers and team.
- Completes all required documentation, lead entry and activity reporting in sales database.
- Expands and maintains knowledge of changes to Medicare and Medicaid regulations and the impact on daily operations.
- Self-reports any potential violations of federal, state or company regulations and guidelines.
- Identifies and organizes community outreach activities to spread awareness of coverage option(s).
- Successfully completes annual health insurance training as required by CMS marketing guidelines, as well as on-going company and benefit program training to successfully perform job.
- Maintains and upholds all necessary licensure to sell insurance within the state worked.
General Job Information
TitleMember Outreach/Sales Representative
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/15/2019
Date Requisition Created8/12/2019
Work ExperienceMedicaid, Medicare, Sales
EducationBachelors, GED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredDL - Driver License, Valid In State - Other, LAH - Life, Accident and Health Insurance, Valid In State - Enterprise
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 2+ years of sales experience with a minimum of 1 year of Medicare and/or Medicaid enrollment experience.
- Valid State Life, Accident & Health insurance licensure. Must obtain license within 3 months from hire date as a condition of employment.
- Proven experience and success in serving ongoing customer needs as a retention strategy.
- Proven track record of success selling within the health care industry.
- Demonstrated track record of achievement for sales performance (goal oriented).
- Understands the needs and dynamics of elder care services and disadvantaged populations.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with strong initiative.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with keen ability to do follow-up.
- Strong presentation skills.
- This position requires 95% field based activity within the assigned sales geography working with targeted growth accounts.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel within the sales territory (state of Virginia).
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you