Job DescriptionThis Sr. Director - Information Security role has the ability to work remote from anywhere in the US. We would PREFER this candidate should also have some kind of security or audit certification, but not required, such as CISSP, CCSP, CISA, CISM, CIPP/US, etc.
• Hands on engineer with scripting/coding experience
• Thought leadership for automating numerous Info Sec processes, then take a hands on role in leading the transformation to automate;
• Candidates should list programming languages and coding skills
• Have an app dev background.
• The engineering experience is more important, as we can help build out the Info Sec expertise.
• This is a Director level role, but also involves hands-on work as a high level Engineer.
This position is the technical leader for a business unit or an operational area within the company. This individual should be a visible leader both internal and external to Magellan. Will be included in evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions and help drive Magellan to become a global leader in using technology to deliver better outcomes to our members. Is a technologist, a think tank and visionary in the scope of the portfolio managed by assigned department. Understands strategy of other business units and exchanges best practices with the counterparts.
- Influences changes and system enhancements to business processes, policies, and infrastructure to deliver the most effective IT services.
- Manages the selection, evaluation, contracting and integration of externally available hardware, software, and processes to deliver business solutions.
- Directs and manages, through analysis, the planning, design, development, testing, installation and maintenance of support systems for both internal/external clients.
- Selects and builds strong teams through formal training, diverse assignments, coaching, mentoring, and other team development techniques, along with regular individual and group meetings.
- Develops tactical and strategic plans to satisfy technical business needs and new business proposals.
- Manages and develops project cost estimates, benefits, justification and assessment of potential project risks.
- Manages projects, staff, customer expectations and business priorities to achieve customer and business unit satisfaction.
- Manages, plans and tracks all budgets and expenses.
- Oversees vendor relationships and projects.
- Directs and manages business process re-engineering associated with existing, developing and implementation of systems.
- Develops and maintains strong, cooperative relationships with other IT services groups. Shares and establishes best practices experiences and opportunities throughout the organization.
- Applies Agile development practices in delivery of transformational programs as required.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Director, Information Security (REMOTE)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/17/2019
Date Requisition Created5/31/2019
EducationBachelors: Information Security (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 12+ years of relevant experience deploying and/or administrating infrastructure solutions. Requires strong knowledge and experience with multiple infrastructure solutions.
- 2 or more certifications of the following: AWS Sysops Certification, MTA, MSCA, Cisco-CCNA, CCNP, Database Administration (Oracle, SQL Server, Big Data/Hadoop), Avaya (ACA, ACSS, ASIC, ACE), AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification, ITIL v3 Foundations, Kepner-Tregoe Resolve or Agile and Design Thinking (Coursera).
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach and build skills within the team.
- Experience in health care, insurance or related field.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you