Richmond VA 23233
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for increasing the overall standard of living with sustained growth for those being served through formal partnering, social enterprise development, entrepreneurial and small business development, asset building, human development, peer support, and collaboration with providers, public and private sectors.
- Establishes connections with businesses for program development to create job opportunities.
- Creates and establishes workforce development programs promoting collaboration and support to providers and agencies increasing job placements of service recipients.
- Assists local governments in planning and development efforts, including development of projects, identification of funding sources, and tracking projects to completion.
- Establishes relationships with provider agencies to identify types of temporary work options and assists teams in referring job candidates to these work programs.
- Provides information to contract providers about career options, ways to generate income, and assistance available for people with a disability.
- Collaborates and provides technical training and support with community rehabilitation providers with paid vocational programs and establishes this component as an operational work opportunity (transition to competitive employment).
- Educates employers about the abilities of the member population.
- Investigates longer-term incentives to increase training, employment and development opportunities for the member population reducing unemployment/underemployment.
- Prepares and submits required documents and reports accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/13/2019
Date Requisition Created7/29/2019
Work ExperiencePublic Health
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Healthcare Administration (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, healthcare, social work or related field required.
- 5+ years of experience in economic development or public administration with a strong focus on employment for underserved populations.
- Significant experience in the field of Mental Health, Public Health, Public Policy and/or healthcare as a Social Worker, Counselor or similar position. Volunteer and personal/family experience with health issues may be considered in lieu of paid healthcare experience.
- Experience in conflict management in the work setting, preferably healthcare.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.