Collects data and provides analyses for a broad array of issues across disciplines and functional areas. Has sole responsibility for some small to medium size analytical projects. May be dedicated to a single department or business unit.
- Assists in the identification of key business issues and the design of analytic approaches. Conducts research on identified key business issues. Provides oversight and direction to analysts and assigned components of project work. Evaluates and distills analyses conducted by other departments and/or outside consultants.
- Assists in developing and utilizing data gathering tools, such as surveys/questionnaires, work sampling, financial modeling, and/or interview questions, to ensure that appropriate quantitative and qualitative data is gathered for the analyses.
- Uses SAS, SQL, TOAD, or any other relational database software to develop code that processes the data using the analytical methedoloies derived which create extracts of data for analysis and interpretation.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative analyses on the data extracts we produce for our business teams we support to produce actionable results in a very timely fashion for our stakeholders and customers (internal and external).
- Prepares interpretations of our analyses for project teams, clients, and/or department management. Recommends suggested action steps based on that our findings.
- Prepares reports derived from our analytical results, highlighting implications of findings with powerful data visualizations of graphs, charts, and metrics on dashboards or reports using tools like Qlik, Cognos, Tableau or Power BI. Follows through on any further actions based on the results using sound business judgment.
- Assist in the development of project proposals, recommendations, implementation plans, communication packages, performance measurement tools, and training materials related to the assigned projects.
- Supervisory responsibility for junior level staff including Associate Data and Reporting Analysts and Data and Reporting Analysts.
- Data Stewardship - Understanding and documenting the data needs of the organization, including consistent definitions for fields, measures , metrics, KPI's and other items that are in the data warehouse, data marts and Business Intelligence Tools.
- Performs on all tasks assigned
General Job Information
TitleSr. Data and Reporting Analyst
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/7/2019
Date Requisition Created8/7/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Requires strong expertise in MS Excel and relational database such as MS Access and other database management (MS SQL) and reporting tools. Ability to use reporting software such as Actuate, Cognos, Crystal reports, SAS, or other. Ability to query the company's data warehouse and/or department systems in response to data requests.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.