Senior Manager, Accounting
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for overseeing accounting activities performed by the accounting staff. This role supervises and coordinates monthly close activities including recording accounting transactions, account reconciliations, and related financial reporting and analysis.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the Accounting Department.
- Responsible for financial statements, financial analysis, reporting, cost accounting and budgetary process which includes variance analysis explanations.
- Coordinates and completes monthly financial close including completion of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement completion and analysis.
- Coordinates the annual audit with an outside public accounting firm if requested.
- Assists with annual budget planning process.
- Responsible for performance planning and appraisals and career development activities.
- Responsible for the development and/or revision of operational procedures and documentation of data flow.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Manager, Accounting
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/8/2019
Date Requisition Created8/7/2019
Work ExperienceAccounting, Supervisory
EducationBachelors: Accounting (Required), Masters: Accounting
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPA - Certified Public Accountant - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- 7+ years of accounting/accounting operations experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a supervisor.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Proven track record in financial analysis, revenue analysis, expense analysis, variance analysis, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of GAAP and other accounting principles.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Access.
- Able to work with confidential materials and employee information and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must demonstrate ability to work well under pressure, work effectively with both employees and management.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you