Job DescriptionThis role is part of the Behavioral/Specialty Analytics team and works in close partnership with Clinical Operations and other Medical Economics personnel to identify, quantify, plan and monitor Cost of Care initiatives that drive quality of care and cost efficiency. They will lead the development of dashboards used to monitor key performance indices that are related to quality and cost of care metrics as well as assist with the review and development of reports that are necessary to monitor these KPIs.
Leads primary data and analytics support for assigned business unit, working closely with national and local leadership to drive cost efficiency and quality within the market/business. Provides subject matter expertise for current and historical cost experience, cost drivers and trends. Accountable for ensuring analytics are timely, accurate, and optimally prioritized to best meet business needs. Additional duties include providing necessary guidance and mentoring to staff.
- Directs and oversees primary analytical support for local health plan or business unit. Uses subject matter expertise and data/analytics to guide executive leadership strategic decision-making.
- Provides subject matter expertise for current and historical cost experience, cost drivers, and trends. Pro-actively informs leadership of emerging experience and potential risks.
- Partners with Actuarial and Finance leaders to ensure budget and forecast accuracy. Owns guidance on cost of care outlook.
- Responsible for identifying cost efficiency and quality improvement opportunities through reporting and analytics.
- Drives changes and enhancements to our analytical capabilities, continually improving the actionable intelligence we get from the data and how efficiently we produce that intelligence. Collaborates with Informatics to continually improve standardized reporting and dashboard capabilities and efficiency.
- Maintains ownership of cost of care initiative tracking, savings and ROI estimates, and KPI dashboards for designated health plan(s) or business unit(s) in span of control.
- Provides oversight and direction to employees; delegates effectively to meet overall team goals and foster individual employee development. Creates a spirit of teamwork and collaboration both within the team and across business units.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and development to staff as well as effective performance feedback. Leads both managers and individual contributors.
- Utilizes SQL, Excel, and other BI tools to define, extract, validate, shape, and interpret data to meet business needs. Accountable for accuracy of work product.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Director, Medical Economics - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/31/2019
Date Requisition Created7/31/2019
Work ExperienceAnalytics/Informatics, Healthcare, Management/Leadership
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years of healthcare analytics experience.
- 10+ years of management experience or equivalent demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experienced in managed healthcare analytics (pricing, underwriting, medical economics, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and lead staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to forge effective business relationships across functional groups and levels.
- Extensive experience working as a liaison between technical and non-technical groups.
- Proven ability to facilitate meetings effectively.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.