Job DescriptionThis is an entry level Project Coordinator role, responsible for tracking and reporting on projects and various tasks, providing project updates, scheduling and helping ensure project activities are coordinated the team. This is a REMOTE position, allowing you to work from the comfort of your own home from anywhere in the US.
This position is an entry level management position and assumes smaller scale projects during a training period or in an assistant capacity to more senior staff until experience is gained (both in terms of understanding Magellan specific business acumen and project management methodology). This role assists in developing and maintaining project charter, detailing project plans, weekly status updates and providing problem resolution. Assists with managing schedules and assignments of project members within a matrix structure. Helps ensure that all project activities are coordinated and supportive of the project scope, time and budget. Must be familiar with the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Communicates with Information Technology Director, functional area managers and/or business leaders regarding status of specific projects.
- Performs basic planning, facilitate prioritization and oversees delivery of features and/or enhancements that meets client expectations (scope, schedule, costs, risks).
- Brings high visibility and transparency into the team’s progress.
- Develops communication management plans, performs stakeholders analysis, identifies risks and take necessary actions including escalation.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of information systems.
- Runs projects/activities using lean/agile methods such as Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Demonstrates servant leader qualities for leading the team.
- Empowers the team to be self-organizing.
- Measures and reports progress frequently using agile metrics.
- Demonstrates knowledge in Agile Requirements Gathering methods, Story identification, breakdown and estimation techniques.
- Conducts coordinating practices in Agile methods such as Release Planning, Iteration Planning, Grooming etc.
- Assists in developing and maintaining project charter, detailing project plans, weekly status updates and providing problem resolution.
- Manages schedules and assignments of project members within a matrix structure.
General Job Information
TitleJr. Project Coordinator / Iteration Manager Associate
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/7/2019
Date Requisition Created8/7/2019
Work ExperienceIT, Project/Program Management
EducationAssociates: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Courses in Information Systems, Project Management or Information Technology.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you