Mgr, Purchasing Contracts
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionThis role, part of the indirect sourcing team, is responsible to work collaboratively with internal business leaders to capture business requirements, provide market analysis, develop negotiation strategies and manage the vendor contracting process in order to deliver best in class value to the organization. As an individual contributor, this position will be responsible to communicate with internal stakeholders as well as direct communication and negotiations with partners, vendors and consultants in order to execute market competitive contracts that minimize risk for the organization. A key responsibility is to utilize contracting best practices to achieve the best value from the supply chain. Experience with negotiating IT contracts is a huge plus. Approaches work with a high level of positive energy which fuels personal accountability to accomplish assignments producing exceptional results. Must be willing to work on a great team.
- Builds strong relationships with internal business owners to understand product & service requirements in order to develop & execute vendor contracts.
- Prepares vendor agreements and related documents, including facilitation and/or support of negotiations and execution of contact documents within assigned business areas/categories.
- Uses a risk-based approach to develop negotiation strategies and contract language.
- Leverages strong communications skills, both written and verbal, to achieve objectives.
- Supports the vendor due diligence and evaluation process
- Obtains proper approvals from Legal, Compliance, IT, Security, the requesting business area and any other internal stakeholders as may be warranted for each contract.
- Acts as the liaison between Legal, internal business units and the vendor representative.
- Provides expert consultation and advice regarding contract language requirements, contracting policy and procedures, resolution of contract issues and administration of contract documents.
- Provides assistance with new vendor implementations and transitions, ensuring terms of the contract are met.
- Proactively monitors and manages expiring contracts to ensure contracts are renewed or terminated as desired by the business owner.
- Builds and maintains external vendor relationships for key vendors.
- Develops and documents maintenance of all vendor related material.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost savings/avoidance in order to achieve personal goals.
General Job Information
TitleMgr, Purchasing Contracts
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/5/2019
Date Requisition Created8/5/2019
Work ExperienceContract Administration and Management, Procurement
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Business Administration (Required), Bachelors: Supply Chain Management (Required), Masters: Supply Chain Management
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPM - Certified Purchasing Manager - Enterprise, CPSM - Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- 7+ years of Purchasing experience.
- 5+ years of vendor contracting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business-related field required.
- A combination of education and work experience may be considered in lieu of the Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of legal contract language and proven contract negotiation skills.
- Strong customer service and business partnership skills
- Excellent, communication/facilitation, consultation, training and project management skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses and geographies.
- Ability to identify barriers and elevate issues.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications: including advanced level Word and Excel; intermediate level PowerPoint
- Master's degree in business preferred.
- C.P.M. or C.P.S.M. desired.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.