Military Adaptive Sports Program Site Coordinator, WCP
San Diego CA 92134 Fed 34800 Bob Wilson Dr.
Job DescriptionAssist the Service component Wounded Warrior Program adaptive sports team with the management and operations of its adapted sports programs and activities for recovering Service members to improve the recovery process and quality of life as the participants adjust to their 'new normal'. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Assist Service component Wounded Warrior Program in coordinating effective and efficient adapted sports programs for recovering Service members according to guidelines, standards of practice and professional code of ethics.
- Assist Service Component Wounded Warrior Program in coordinating adapted sports opportunities with local community and National Paralympic organizations.
- Demonstrates ability to provide activities that are appropriate to the population being served.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with senior military and community leadership and recovering
- Identifies community resources to provide support and augment the program.
- Encourages and provides Service members with information about monthly activities in their local communities.
- Participates in DoD Military Adaptive Sports team decisions and problem solving that impacts programming and operations.
- Coordinates with VA to connect veterans with available programs.
General Job Information
TitleMilitary Adaptive Sports Program Site Coordinator, WCP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/25/2019
Date Requisition Created7/25/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist or related certification preferred.
- Experience working with individuals with PTSD and TBI desired.
- Previous active duty military experience or experience working with recovering Service members and veterans is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, recreation, adaptive physical education, therapeutic recreation, health care or related field.
- Three to five years of appropriate experience in designing, developing, or executing adaptive sports programs with diverse populations.
- Must have experience working with individuals that require sporting equipment modifications to participate in physical activity.
- Must have willingness, ability and experience participating in various adaptive sporting activities. Examples include Archery, Cycling, Rowing, Track and Field, Sitting volleyball, Swimming and Wheelchair basketball.
- Proficiency with database management and other administrative skills.
- Experienced in operating Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work with military headquarters level staff or with local military Service commands.
- Ability to adapt to local military culture and effectively interact with military staff, government civilians, and other contractors.
- Ability to manage multiple activity schedules simultaneously.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work with recovering Service members and make the appropriate registrations and travel arrangements for their participation at adaptive sports functions.
- Demonstrate quality communication (written and oral), interpersonal skills, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills required with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Demonstrate ability to lead within a complex system involving individuals with diverse levels of experience, skills and abilities.
- Ability to be a self-starter who can help develop and implement a program with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to travel to events throughout the year as directed by AFSC and client
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.