Recovery Support Health Guide
Phoenix AZ 85034
Job DescriptionProvides non-clinical, evidence-based peer support and other community-based support to improve access to care and care coordination, serves as a member advocate, shares coping skills, and provides recovery information for members. This position performs a wide range of tasks to assist with care coordination designed to assist members in regaining control over their own lives through new enrollee outreach and orientation, individual recovery planning, wellness self-management, and strengthening resilience to improve personal health outcomes. This position establishes relationships with providers, assists with arranging appointments and for transportation as needed, assists the enrollee in learning to navigation the system and community resources, will role model competency in recovery, resiliency, and wellness practices
- Assists in identifying recovery goals to help members realize improved personal health outcomes through shared decision making and health literacy/education activities.
- Provides information and support to assist members in effectively participating in developing a plan of care, engaging in team-based planning and administers health and wellness questionnaires.
- Models and collaborates to develop problem solving techniques with members.
- Shares resiliency and recovery-oriented educational materials.
- Employs strategies to engage members who do not keep important follow-up appointments to identify barriers and obstacles and collaborate to find solutions.
- Meets members in inpatient settings and assist in identifying what lead to the crisis and in implementing relapse prevention strategies and assist in transitions from different treatment settings.
- Promotes community participation/inclusion as a strategy to prevent avoidable hospital admissions.
- Works with enrollee and family/supports to engage in socialization, work or volunteer related activities, or access community resources and services, including peer, parent, and family support services.
- Serves as champion and a resource for resiliency and recovery principles, strategies and tools.
- Documents all interactions according to company standards.
- Informs and engages the Care Coordination Team if enrollee has difficulty adhering to the care coordination plan or adhering to treatment and needs additional support.
- Prepares information for Care Coordination Team meetings and as requested, for shared treatment planning sessions. Facilitates Cost of Care workflows and involved in utilization management, case management, disease management, and health promotion workflows.
- Travels to meet members within the community.
General Job Information
TitleRecovery Support Health Guide
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/5/2019
Date Requisition Created7/15/2019
Work ExperienceLived Experience With Mental Health/Substance Abuse Recovery
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPRS/CPS/CPSS/CRPS/PRSS, Peer Specialist, State Requirements - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
- If not currently certified, must obtain CPRS/CPS/CPSS/CRPS/PRSS, Arizona Peer Specialist certification within 90 days of hire
- Must be a self-identified current or former user of mental health/substance abuse or co-occurring services who can relate to others who are now using those services.
- Must have a vehicle in good, working condition with the ability to travel within the field regularly.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Knowledge of local system of services, resiliency and recovery principles and tools, such as wellness recovery action plans, wraparound process, and community-based peer, family and parent support organizations and services.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to represent strengths and needs of consumers in clinical settings; must be able to draw from your own experiences.
- Ability to summarize and document findings in treatment plans.
- Must be able to work effectively and prioritize in a fast-paced environment in order to meet the demands of the organization.
- Understanding of wellness strategies, coping skills and collaborative process.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”