Job DescriptionServes as a liaison between Network business owners and IT business analysts to explore opportunities where analytics and systems capabilities can help find opportunity to improve our network business operations. Drives out streamlined business processes, KPI’s and identify opportunities to improve results. Partners with IT to provide business requirements to drive out strategy and roadmap for execution. Supports various departments by documenting current and proposed process flows, with expertise in business processes, best practices and continuous improvement. Requires minimal supervision and technical assistance. Use strong organizational skills for tracking multiple deliverables simultaneously and be able to synthesize the results.
- Ensures product direction aligns with corporate and departmental goals.
- Analyzes network business operations and, along with the Sponsor, develop a strategic plan including roadmaps and KPI’s, while leveraging Magellan’s established architecture and disciplines
- Works closely and cross functionally to create and document the solution, develop requirements and workflows
- Develops expertise in the business unit they support as well as an understanding of the organization’s systems and capabilities
- Acts as a technical subject matter expert for assigned product owner lines
- Gathers data to evaluate objectives, goals and scope to translate business decisions/needs to IT partners.
- Remains current with platforms, processes and programs, understanding how each can adapt to meet business needs
- Reviews items on the backlog to ensure the backlog contains the appropriate items, that they are prioritized and that the items at the top of the backlog are ready for delivery
- Develops a communications/training and adoption plan for the product
- Assists Project Managers in development of project plans and use associated project planning tools as needed.
- Assumes the Project Manager responsibilities in preparing and facilitating the project plan for smaller projects.
General Job Information
TitleNetwork Business Architect
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/5/2019
Date Requisition Created7/25/2019
Work ExperienceHealthcare, Operations
EducationBachelors: Information Technology (Required), Masters: Information Technology
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredLSSBB - Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification - Enterprise, LSSGB - Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- MS Information Technology
- Lean Six Sigma Belt Certification
- Experience facilitating successful projects with demonstrated ROI
- Strong experience partnering with the business.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong ability to translate and communicate business needs into technical terms
- Demonstrated ability identify and recommend process improvements
- Ability to reconcile requirements from multiple groups to ensure all needs are accounted for and are traced back to the business objectives.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues)
- Good understanding of project management software
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis and/or process design
- 2+ years of experience working with project teams using industry standard methodologies
- 2+ years of experience in a Healthcare or other service environment.
- BS/BA Information Technology or equivalent required
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you