Senior Forecasting and Pharmacoeconomics Analyst - REMOTE
United States Minor Outlying Islands, Arizona, Massachusetts, Illinois, Colorado, Missouri, Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, Utah, PennsylvaniaRemote position available
Job DescriptionResponsible for producing and leading trend projects and reporting (retrospective and forecasted). Assists in developing SOPs, reports and processes critical to analyzing historical trend and forecasting future trends. Leads multiple predictive analytic projects and works closely with end users and business leaders to understand requirements for forecasting solutions. Monitors critical metrics and informs leadership of potential risks. Analyzes forecasted drug sales trends, epidemiology data and health plan medical and pharmacy claims data to create a customized forecast for specific populations. Researches marketplace trends, clinical guidelines and drug pipelines to maintain a comprehensive understanding of the specialty industry and financial impact from the managed care viewpoint. Ensures all reports are working in an efficient manner to maximize resources and meeting customer deliverables.
- Produces trend reports (both retrospective and forecasted).
- Assists in creation and development of trend reports and processes critical to analyzing historical trend and forecasted.
- Coordinates and works closely with end users and business leaders to understand requirements for forecasting solutions.
- Monitors critical metrics and informs leadership of potential risks.
- Analyzes forecasted drug sales trends, epidemiology data and health plan medical and pharmacy claims data to create a customized forecast for specific populations.
- Uses and develops analytical processes and leverages tools to produce forecasts with maximum accuracy.
- Researches marketplace trends, clinical guidelines and drug pipelines to maintain a comprehensive understanding of the specialty industry and financial impact from the managed care viewpoint.
- Collaborates with other team members (including other clinicians, analysts, etc.) to respond to customer needs and requests with high-quality results.
- Provides clinical and economical input for drug spend management strategy solutions.
- Ensures all reports are working in an efficient manner to maximize resources and meeting customer deliverables.
- Requires knowledge and skills in forecasting tools, statistics, economics and data analysis.
- Presents analytic results and recommendations to leadership and customers (internal and external)
General Job Information
TitleSenior Forecasting and Pharmacoeconomics Analyst - REMOTE
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/1/2019
Date Requisition Created6/26/2019
EducationMasters: Economics (Required), Masters: Mathematics (Required), Masters: Statistics (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Master’s degree in statistics, mathematics or economics (or related Master's degree).
- 5+ years of direct, relevant experience in pharmacy, healthcare or financial analytics.
- 3+ years of experience in predictive analysis.
- Expert level knowledge in SQL, SAS, forecasting and time series modeling tools or similar business intelligence tool/applications
- MS Suite power user.
- Experience in creating efficient, accurate and scalable production environment reporting.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and lead diverse groups of individuals to deliver accurate and precise reports.
- Critical thinker and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proven track record of executing at high levels of accuracy and efficiency with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to research and apply research to decision making.
- Experience working with medical or pharmacy claim datasets and analyzing data.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you