Job DescriptionManages primary data and analytics support for assigned business unit, working closely with national and local leadership to drive clinical analytics relative to risk adjustment (Medicare HCC, Medicaid CDPS-Rx), Quality (HEDIS/STARS), risk stratification and population health initiatives. Provides subject matter expertise on statistical techniques, data mining, visualization and analysis, and is accountable for ensuring that analytics are timely, accurate and optimally prioritized to best meet business needs. Additional duties include preparing executive summaries for national and local leadership. Will display persuasive data visualization and effective oral and written communication skills that can translate complex analytic findings and concepts to a varied audience of users.
- Oversees analytical support for local health plan or business unit. Uses subject matter expertise and data / analytics to support strategic decision making.
- Provides subject matter expertise for one or more of the following: Risk Adjustment for CMS HCC Medicare Advantage and/or Medicaid (CDPS Rx, Milliman, Mercer), Quality (HEDIS / STARS) measure performance, Population Health including population segmentation, risk stratification models, disease management and case management performance tracking and analytics.
- Partners with clinical leaders at the national and local plan level to drive trending and operational analytics of program impact; ensures leaders have a clear and timely view of performance and emerging risks in their population.
- Responsible for identifying improvement opportunities for clinical initiatives through reporting and analytics; operates as a thought leader.
- Drives changes and enhancements to analytic capabilities, continuously improves actionable intelligence derived from data and strives to provide elastic and scalable efficiencies on team analytic products.
- Maintains ownership of clinical initiative operational metrics, outcome metrics, intervention efficacy analyses and is comfortable managing teams of business analysts and data scientists, harnessing their expertise to produce dashboards and automated solutions to enable health plans and business units to manage their population rapidly and effectively.
- Utilizes SQL, AWS, Hadoop, Tableau, Qlik and other BI and data tools to define, extract, validate, shape and interpret data to meet business needs.
- Coordinates efforts with Informatics, Information Technology and other teams to promote data "best practices" across sites, and problem solves data acquisition, design and quality issues.
General Job Information
TitleClinical Analytics Consultant II - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/15/2019
Date Requisition Created4/24/2019
Work ExperienceAnalytics/Informatics, Healthcare
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years of healthcare analytics experience.
- Experienced in clinical analytics (Quality (HEDIS/STARS), Risk Adjustment (HCC, CDPS), Risk stratification, population health, case management etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to forge effective business relationships across functional groups and levels.
- Extensive experience working as a liaison between technical and non-technical groups.
- Proven ability to facilitate meetings effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to drive results and deliver on multiple tasks.
- MS Suite power user; Expert level knowledge of SQL, Qlikview, Tableau or similar business intelligence tools.
Possesses a service mindset and a passion to make a difference.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.