Regional WFL Program Coordinator, Navy FFSP
Norfolk VA 23505 Fed1 7928 14th St
Job DescriptionThe Regional WFL Programs Coordinator supports Navy Fleet and Family Support Programs, a central delivery system for service member and family support through coordination of work and family life programs at the Regional level. These programs are designed to facilitate personal and family readiness and adaptation to life in the military and to keep individuals and families resilient and strong, preventing individual and family dysfunction, facilitating personal and family self-sufficiency, and creating overall command and community well-being.
- Researches instructions and regulations affecting the service delivery in the Work and Family Life Programs, analyzing data gathered, preparing reports and briefings, and developing standardized curriculum and program implementation guidance, making recommendations for the delivery of Work and Family Life Programs throughout the Region.
- Researches and analyzes new or best practice practices for delivery of Work and Family Life Programs to ensure programs are effective. Identify best practices for program delivery, develop curriculum and program implementation guidance to maintain Work and Family Life Programs across the region as current and relevant.
- Plans, coordinates, organizes, and develops new curriculum and program implementation guidance for Regional Work and Family Life Programs and services. Coordinate with Regional FFSP Program Manager on development of marketing plans and campaigns.
- Assesses effectiveness of Regional Work and Family Life Programs and services execution. Identify procedural problems in program operations, using quantitative or qualitative methods. Recommend adjustment of regional resources or changes to regional policy and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serves as Master Trainer for the Region, providing 'train the trainer' training for Certified Ombudsmen trainers and suicide prevention as well as other programs such as Deployment and Mobilization Support and Transition GPS.
- Supports the FFSP role in emergency preparedness and response including participation in exercises and execution of an Emergency Family Assistance Center when directed.
General Job Information
TitleRegional WFL Program Coordinator, Navy FFSP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/30/2019
Date Requisition Created7/30/2019
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Masters: Education (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Master’s degree in adult education, social science or related field OR combination of graduate education and experience equivalent to a Master’s OR 6 years’ equivalent experience in adult education, social science or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing and coordinating multiple site adult educational or social service programs
- Must demonstrate skills in making presentations and facilitating training for groups.
- Must possess professional knowledge of social services and/or education delivery systems
- Must work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Well organized and flexible
- In OCONUS locations, strong preference is given to hiring on-site spouses/family members to minimize relocation requirements
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.