Vendor Management Analyst
Job DescriptionPerforms analysis and evaluation of current and potential product partners and vendors; assists with product implementations and transitions; assists product partners/vendors with their product offerings to include quality oversight in accordance with contractual, accreditation, and regulatory compliance. Communicates with internal stakeholders, vendors and consultants.
- Supports the due diligence and evaluation process for new potential vendors.
- Assists with new vendor implementations. Responsible for development of implementation plans, coordination and facilitation of plans. Tracks and monitors issues, risks, assumptions, action items and decisions through resolution. This includes daily operations as well as interface with internal vendor customers to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Coordinates and facilitates transitions from one vendor to another and the implementation of new or modified processes and procedures. Coordinates the development and implementation of change management plans.
- Maintains external vendor relationships. Monitors contractual requirements, and provides overall oversight of vendor services as outlined in Magellan’s corporate and departmental policies, as well as, accreditation, contractual, and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors and evaluates vendors on an ongoing basis to maintain quality and compliance with accreditation and contractual requirements. Proactively plans, problem solves and completes root cause analysis, and continuous monitoring of processes including Key Performance Indicators, internal dashboard reports and other business management tools to be able to monitor overall performance. Develops and implements corrective action plans to address service issues as identified and follows through to resolution. Performs site visits and audits performance as necessary.
- Responsible for development and document maintenance of all vendor related material.
General Job Information
TitleVendor Management Analyst
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/25/2019
Date Requisition Created7/25/2019
Work ExperienceVendor Management
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Related professional experience in the managed care, healthcare, vendor or subcontractor contracting and oversight, or insurance industries.
- Business and industry knowledge is essential, in addition to interdependencies of all functional areas.
- Must possess ability to gain thorough understanding of policies across multiple functional areas including clinical, credentialing, quality management, claims and encounters, grievance and appeals and finance.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.