Communications Specialist, WCP
Arlington VA 22202 Fed4 2345 Crystal Drive
Job DescriptionThe Communications and Outreach Specialist performs multiple tasks for the Director of Outreach, Warrior Care and the Warrior Care Communications and Outreach Team. The Office of Warrior Care proactively supports wounded, ill and injured service members, and their military caregivers, during recovery and reintegration to service or transition to civilian life. The Warrior Care Program is committed to ensuring equitable, consistent and high-quality support for wounded, ill and injured service members through effective programs, outreach, inter-agency collaboration and program oversight. Communications and Outreach planning and activities promote the mission of the Office of Warrior Care, and focus on effectively communicating the policies, programs and initiatives relevant to wounded, ill, and injured service members, their families, and military caregivers
- Supports the Senior Communications Specialist/Project Lead to develop and implement communications plans and campaigns focused on delivering strategic, fully integrated tactics and products.
- Develops, implements and maintains a social media outreach strategy.
- Manages and supports social media activity across the Warrior Care Portfolio.
- Develops and maintains information packets, handbooks, newsletters and social media communications.
- Writes stories and news articles covering topics relevant to the wounded, ill and injured service member population, highlighting Warrior Care policies, programs and initiatives.
- Provides comprehensive support for planning, managing and participating in outreach symposiums, training sessions, meetings and other events relevant to the Warrior Care mission.
- Directs the design and production of marketing materials such as branded banners, pop‐up screens, tablecloths, folders, brochures, etc.
- Maintains up-to-date versions of all relevant communications products including fact sheets, brochures, talking points and standard briefings.
- Performs copy editing; review, edit, proofread and copyedit a variety of documents, website content and formal outreach products.
General Job Information
TitleCommunications Specialist, WCP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/19/2019
Date Requisition Created7/19/2019
Work ExperienceCommunications, Public Relations or Related Field
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field
· Minimum four years of strategic communication and outreach experience required
· Experience working with DoD preferred
· Experience creating, executing and assessing social media strategies across multiple platforms
· Must be proficient in AP Style and demonstrate proven writing and editing skills
· Able to work in a collaborative environment, with multiple agencies and organizations
· Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.