Job DescriptionLeads and supervises the Navy ICA contract workforce geographically dispersed across the assigned region.
- Leads and supervises the Navy ICA contract workforce geographically dispersed across the assigned region.
- Utilizes commercially available communication mediums to create a “Virtual Navy ICA Team Network” that links the geographically dispersed field staff and provides a foundation for information sharing and a forum for team-building across the assigned region.
- Serves as regional contractor POC for Government stakeholders at the regional and installation levels.
- Maintains and updates the staffing plan for employees in the region and facilitates rapid fill of any vacant positions.
- Assists corporate Recruiter during talent acquisition and makes hiring recommendations to the PM for approval.
- Ensures that all new employees meet security eligibility criteria and complete online DMDC training to obtain formal SSM or VO certification.
- Coordinates with the Quality Control Manager (QCM) to collect workload and performance execution data for the monthly reporting process.
- Analyzes performance trends and initiates and tracks corrective actions.
- Provides input to the PM concerning employee performance.
- Maintains a continuous feedback loop with Government stakeholders at site/installation level to gauge satisfaction with the quality of Navy ICA services across the region.
- Monitors client feedback through informal and formal mechanisms such as Client Comment Forms and the ICE System.
- Prepares responses to customer complaints and initiates corrective and preventive actions.
- Shares and implements Navy ICA best practices across the region.
- Attends briefings, conferences, and Government meetings as required.
General Job Information
TitleRegional Manager- East, NAVY ICA
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/16/2019
Date Requisition Created7/16/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, business, law, engineering, social sciences, physical/applied sciences or management discipline such as business administration, accounting, finance, economics or management information technology.
7+ years' experience in: Project Management, Data Analysis, Financial Analysis, Marketing and Public Affairs, Organizational Management, and Business Process Improvement
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.