Job DescriptionProvides primary data and analytics support for assigned business unit, working closely with national and local leadership to drive cost efficiency and quality within the market/business. Provides subject matter expertise for current and historical cost experience, cost drivers and trends. Accountable for ensuring analytics are timely, accurate, and optimally prioritized to best meet business needs. Additional duties include providing necessary guidance and mentoring to staff.
- Provides primary analytical support for local health plan or business unit, in support of strategic decision making and cost efficiency.
- Provides subject matter expertise for current and historical cost experience, cost drivers, and trends. Pro-actively informs leadership of emerging experience and potential risks.
- Partners with Actuarial and Finance leaders as needed to ensure budget and forecast accuracy.
- Partners with key business leaders to identify cost efficiency and quality improvement opportunities through reporting and analytics.
- Leads/supports changes and enhancements to our analytical capabilities, continually improving the actionable intelligence we get from the data and how efficiently we produce that intelligence. Collaborates with Informatics to continually improve standardized reporting and dashboard capabilities and efficiency.
- Maintains ownership of cost of care initiative tracking, savings and ROI estimates, and KPI dashboards for designated health plan or business unit.
- Provides oversight and direction to employees; delegates effectively to meet overall team goals and foster individual employee development. Creates a spirit of teamwork and collaboration both within the team and across business units.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and development to staff as well as effective performance feedback.
Utilizes SQL, Excel, and other BI tools to define, extract, validate, shape, and interpret data to meet business needs. Accountable for accuracy of work product.
Performs programming and analysis as needed.
General Job Information
TitleManager, Medical Economics - Phoenix, AZ
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/1/2019
Date Requisition Created6/26/2019
Work ExperienceAnalytics/Informatics, Healthcare, Management/Leadership
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare analytics.
- 2+ years of leadership/management experience.
- Experienced in managed healthcare analytics (pricing, underwriting, medical economics, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and lead staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to forge effective business relationships across functional groups and levels.
- Experience working as a liaison between technical and non-technical groups.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to drive results and deliver on multiple tasks.
- MS Suite power user; Expert level knowledge of SQL, Qlikview, Tableau or similar business intelligence tools.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.