ID Card Specialist (PA II), NAVY ICA
Key West FL 33040 FED Building #A324 Forrestal Avenue Room 155, Boca Chica Field
Job DescriptionProvides professional military personnel support services to the U.S. Navy’s Identification Card Administration (ICA) program at Navy installations designated as Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) and Real-time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) sites.
- Serves as ID Card/Common Access Card (CAC) customer service specialist trained and certified by the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC).
- Delivers ID Card services to all personnel assigned to support customer commands, other military service personnel, retirees and their dependents, and contractors verified through the Trusted Associate Sponsorship System (TASS).
- Performs as a Verifying Official (VO) on DEERS/RAPIDS terminal and ensures inputted data for accuracy and correctness.
- Verifies the identity and eligibility of authorized DoD beneficiaries, issues DoD Identification Cards and performs DEERS updates in accordance with DoD regulations and AFI 36-3026.
- Issues and strictly controls Armed Forces identification and privilege cards for all eligible personnel, (i.e., active duty military, retired military, 100% Disabled American Veteran (DAV) and respective dependents and verified contractors.
- Operates and maintains RAPIDS workstations, processes CACs, assists customers with questions concerning identification card eligibility, application requirements and DEERS, and answers telephone inquiries.
- Accomplishes DEERS enrollment and updates for all eligible beneficiaries, reconciles erroneous DEERS information, performs PIN resets, verifying and updating PKI certificates, and provides other ICA services as necessary.
- May also be certified by DMDC as Site Security Manager (SSM) with responsibility for the safekeeping, storing, and accountability of the CAC and related consumable materials.
- Maintains RAPIDS equipment within the physical parameters and configurations established at the time of installation.
- Performs “User Maintenance on RAPIDS equipment.
General Job Information
TitleID Card Specialist (PA II), NAVY ICA
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/16/2019
Date Requisition Created7/16/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 1+ years’ experience in a Customer Service environment.
- HR background in one of the following disciplines: Military Pay, Military Personnel, Travel Claims or Navy Transportation.
- Substitutions for HR background can be from similar experience gained in either the private sector or other Federal Agency.
- Proficient in both oral and written communication to communicate effectively and explain complex actions regarding military entitlements, allowances and collections.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment such as computers, electric typewriters, copiers, fax machines, scanners and other office automation systems.
- Must be U.S. citizen and possess favorably adjudicated Tier 3 (NACLC) security investigation.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.