Business Intelligence and Analytics Developer
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionThis role is responsible for building, deploying and maintaining Business Intelligence (BI) systems that integrate with databases, data warehouses/marts and Datalake. The primary focus of the role is to build dashboards and/or reports according to the identified technical requirements. Responsibilities also include supporting adhoc requests by crafting and executing queries against multiple sources upon request.
- Build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. dashboards using QlikView/Sense; Reports using NPrinting).
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms.
- Create tools to store data (e.g., OLAP cubes / QVD layer).
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate and migrate existing BI systems into new BI platforms (e.g., Qlik).
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses.
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
- Develop and update technical documentation.
General Job Information
TitleBusiness Intelligence and Analytics Developer
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/15/2019
Date Requisition Created7/10/2019
Work ExperienceAnalytics/Informatics, Business Intelligence
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Requires Bachelor’s degree (preferred in Computer Science or Information Technology) and 2 to 5 years of experience in Business Intelligence (BI) development.
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist using Qlik technologies (QlikView/Sense and NPrinting).
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, HADOOP and Big Data environments, familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Online Analytical Processing, Extract Transform Load, Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI, Qlik Data Analytics).
- Strong knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
- Analytical mindset with a problem-solving aptitude.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.