VP, Vendor Delegation Oversight, MCC
Job DescriptionLeads and oversees a risk-based vendor, delegate, and subcontractor management program, exercising effective vendor management governance and operation for Magellan Complete Care (MCC), consistent with Magellan’s mission, values, policies and procedures. Leads the monitoring and oversight of vendors’ compliance with relevant federal and state laws/regulations, contractual performance guarantees/standards, and accrediting body guidelines. Partners and leads the cross-functionally to assess, design and develop business solutions to effectively direct monitoring and oversight of vendor performance. Works closely with internal business owners, including shared services and health plan leaders, to manage, monitor, and administer the relationships for vendors to ensure optimal performance in support of Magellan Complete Care’s (MCC) obligations, including services to its members. Leads the pre-delegation audits, and implementation activities, as well as the development and implementation of comprehensive and consistent oversight activities to include measuring, monitoring and reporting performance levels, completing vendor scorecards, conducting vendor business review meetings, audits as required, escalating and resolving performance and services issues, and performing ongoing risk monitoring. Ensures proper contract termination and transition of vendors determined through cross-functional leadership decision-making. Assures effective development and maintenance of relevant policies, processes, and procedures, as well as ongoing internal/external reporting in support of the Magellan Complete Care (MCC) Vendor Management Program. Reporting to and consistently interacting with Magellan Complete Care (MCC) senior leadership team, exercises a significant degree of high-touch relationship management, appreciation for highly-regulated businesses and commitments, attentive focus on execution and result-orientation, and effective leadership accountability.
- Leads the operation of the overall risk-based Magellan Complete Care (MCC) Vendor Management Health Plans and other business.
- Executes an effective vendor management governance and oversight framework in consultation with associated Magellan Complete Care (MCC) health plan and Magellan shared services stakeholders.
- Provides senior leadership-level oversight and guidance across all vendor management risk areas between vendors and business owners.
- Develops and contributes to continuous improvement in vendor governance.
- Assures clear accountability for data maintenance and audits, validation and reporting, determining contracts/third parties in scope for oversight and monitoring, vendor and contract level oversight ownership assignments, and vendor terminations.
- Participates in assessing risk associated with services being subcontracted and vendors being considered.
- Serves as thought leader in cross-functional work to establish appropriate Service-Level Agreements (SLAs) and benchmarks/ metrics for vendor relationships.
- Oversees vendors including monitoring adherence to applicable contractual, compliance and quality requirements
- Develops and utilizes vendor dashboards and scorecards to track, measure and evaluate performance.
- Proactively plans, problem solves and completes root cause analysis, and continuous monitoring of processes including Key Performance Indicators, internal dashboard reports and other business management tools to be able to monitor overall performance.
- Develops, approves and oversees mitigation and corrective action plans (including clear identification of root cause(s)) to address risk and service issues as identified and assures remediation.
- Directs performance of site visits and monitoring audits as required as well as plans and leads formal periodic vendor performance reviews with stakeholders.
- Provides an escalation point to resolve vendor performance issues and communicates unresolved issues or compliance risks to executive management for discussion and action planning.
- Supports, in consultation with business owners and other key stakeholders, the development and maintenance of continuity plans to mitigate the risk of any significant interruptions to vendor services.
- Maintains communication plans to inform health plans and shared services areas of contractual services to ensure maximum value and alignment can be achieved.
- Stays abreast of changes to contracted services and partners with business owners to ensure contractual obligations are met and oversight activities are being performed, while ensuring that vendors are aware of performance expectations and metrics.
- Maintains strategic, management-level knowledge of Magellan Complete Care (MCC) business needs and regulatory/contractual obligations.
- Establishes policies, processes, and procedures for the risk-based Vendor Management Program, as well as governance, oversight, and monitoring activities within this program.
- Consistently monitors effectiveness of current vendor management processes and creates/executes on process improvements to ensure that activities and initiatives are completed effectively and efficiently.
- Participates in RFP and other business development opportunities and supports due diligence and evaluation process for new potential vendors as needed.
- Leads and directs employees with responsibilities in Vendor Management Program (in direct and/or matrixed reporting relationships).
General Job Information
TitleVP, Vendor Delegation Oversight, MCC
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/12/2019
Date Requisition Created7/12/2019
Work ExperienceHealthcare, Vendor Management
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Bachelors: Healthcare Administration (Required), Masters: Healthcare Administration
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredPMP - Project Management Professional - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Healthcare industry knowledge, vendor performance and relationship management in an outsourced environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or related field required.
- 12+ years of relevant experience in the healthcare or related industry in a vendor management, contracting, and/or monitoring/oversight role.
- Strong relationship building and leadership experience.
- Excellent communication, priority management, and operational execution skills.
- Strong project management discipline and knowledge of project management tools/processes.
- Experience in highly-regulated industries, preferably health insurance or health benefits, including Medicaid/Medicare managed care.
- Highly-engaged approach toward business management with flexibility and willingness to be an agent of positive change in a dynamic business environment.
- Ability to work with and manage multiple stakeholders and competing priorities.
- Some travel involved.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you