Senior Business Intelligence and Analytics Developer
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionThis role is responsible for analyzing business requirements and creating the technical specifications for Business Intelligence (BI) systems.to integrate with databases, data warehouses/marts and Data Lake. The primary focus of the role is blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, rolling out and maintaining BI solutions to Business owners. Responsibilities also include developing solutions/framework for provisioning data for consumption for self-service by business users who create Qlik applications
- Work closely with Business Intelligence (BI) architects to gather and document required BI system requirements.
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to develop data objects and/or framework ensuring business smart resource allocation.
- Extract, transform and load data into BI applications (requires data modeling across multiple data sources).
- Develop, test, debug BI applications and ad-hoc reports.
- Utilize scripting language to meet complex business requirements.
- Provide support as required to ensure the data availability and performance of enterprise data and BI environments for both external and internal users.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members as needed.
- Assist architects, as needed, with client presentations and demonstrations.
- Collaborates with other developers on the application of standards and best practices and contributes to the evolution of best practices and standards aimed at improving scalability, performance and maintainability; as well as, mentoring junior staff on the use and value of those standards.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Business Intelligence and Analytics Developer
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/10/2019
Date Requisition Created7/10/2019
Work ExperienceAnalytics/Informatics, Business Intelligence
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Required Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years of experience in Business Intelligence (BI) analysis and development.
- Experience developing BI solutions in the QlikView/Sense or similar technologies.
- Experience working in Data Warehouse environments reporting on dimensions/hierarchies with experience in Star Schema/Snowflake modeling, Fact and Dimensions tables; Solid experience developing complex Qlik data models.
- Work experience on mashups and deploying Qlik applications on custom portals.
- Experience with utilizing Qlik's in-memory data discovery architecture and advocate and communicate adherence to Qlik's best-practices and standards.
- Experience with utilizing QlikView Publisher capabilities
- Extensive use of SQL RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.), Data warehouse and Hadoop/Big data systems and performance tuning experience required.
- Extensive use of ETL tools like SSIS/Informatica/Snaplogic etc.
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with good communication and interpersonal skills are desired.
- Ability to perform and contribute in a strong team environment and to manage multiple priorities.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.