Lactation Consultant, FDA
Silver Spring MD 20910
Job DescriptionSupports The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Quality of Work Life Programs. This program will enhance the quality of work for returning new mothers by supporting nursing mothers who want to continue to breastfeed after they return to the office. Provides both in-person and telephonic consultation services, seminars, breast pumps and support services to FDA employees who are new mothers.
- Consults with new mothers at the FDA White Oak Campus to provide support concerning the establishment and maintenance of breastfeeding.
- Provides telephonic consultations for all of FDA field and headquarters locations, supporting new families and their infants, to include mothers on maternity leave at a maximum of 15 hours for the year for both in-person and telephonic consultations.
- Facilitates monthly hour-long lunch time seminars concerning breastfeeding, prenatal or other maternal-child health issues.
General Job Information
TitleLactation Consultant, FDA
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/19/2019
Date Requisition Created6/19/2019
License and Certifications - RequiredIBCLC - International Board Certified Lactation Consultant - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Lactation Board-Certified Lactation Consultant.
- 5+ years' lactation consultant experience.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”