Job DescriptionThis position provides technology leadership by first understanding our business and IT strategy and ensuring that we have the skills and capabilities required to deliver on our business and technical commitments. Deliver continuous improvement within a solution/service area and lead IT Architecture initiatives and special projects within their portfolio of applications. This role requires a seasoned leader with the ability to shape and drive strategic vision who is highly analytical and strategic and able to drive towards realization of business goals and inspire the team to create world-class solutions. Is passionate about supporting the business and company vision.
- Influence changes/enhancements to business processes, policies, and system infrastructure.
- Manage the selection, evaluation, contracting, and integration of externally available hardware, software, and data to deliver business solutions.
- Direct and manage though analysis, planning, design, development, testing, installation, and maintenance of support systems for business areas.
- Select and build strong teams through formal training, diverse assignments, and coaching, mentoring, and other development techniques.
- Manage and develop project cost estimates, benefits and assessment of potential project risks.
- Manage projects, people, customer expectations, and business priorities to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Manage budgets, plans and expenses; may have cost center responsibilities.
- Oversee throughput for encounter processing acting as liaison between the customer and Magellan IT teams.
- Oversee and act in review board fashion for reports delivered from Magellan to the customer.
- Manage vendors.
- Share best practices throughout IT.
General Job Information
TitleDirector of Architecture
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/10/2019
Date Requisition Created7/8/2019
Work ExperienceIT, Management/Leadership
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredAWS - Amazon Web Services Certified Developer - Associate - Enterprise, AWS - Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect - Associate - Enterprise, AWS - Amazon Web Services Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate - Enterprise, TOGAF - The Open Group Architecture Framework - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Experience in health care or insurance industries.
- AWS Certification or Exposure (Architect, Sysops, Developer)
- Service Now Certification.
- Associated Business Certifications/Knowledge.
- 10+ years of related experience and leading teams through the development and support of applications. 2+ years of experience leading project/teams.
- Ability to coach and build skills within the team.
- Broader experience across IT or across different industries (for external hires) is a must.
- Critical Thinker.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and build skills within the team.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Experience managing and leading cross functional teams, workgroups, including HR processes and budget management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you